(Closed) 7.5 or 8mm moissanite on 6-6.5 fingers?

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
932 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
cristincline :  This is from Diamdb.com You can put in the size of your finger and stone and it will give you an idea of what it will look like on your hand. The left is an 8mm stone and the right is the 7.5mm stone on a 6.25 finger. I have a 7.5mm on a size 7.75 finger and I feel it is a perfect size, as the 8mm felt to much for me personally. Hope this helps!

Size 7.75 and a 7.5mm stone for reference.

Post # 3
662 posts
Busy bee

for a cushion cut stone with a halo it will be about 9mm-10mm across depending on which center stone size you choose. Go to Diamdb.com and put in a cushion stone that shows 9mm-10mm on your size finger and that’s how big the halo will look on your finger!

ETA: if you’re tall and have long fingers I would definitely go with the 8mm. It’s crazy how much different the size looks in regard to height/finger length

Post # 4
796 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
cristincline :  My center stone is an 8×6 oval and I’m a size 6.5. My fingers are pretty long (in reference to what the previous Bee said, haha)

Post # 7
4066 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

I would go 8mm.  It is a great size.  

Post # 8
384 posts
Helper bee

I find that 8mm is a perfect size on everyone’s fingers, in my opinion. It’s substantial without looking huge, so I’d go with that!

Post # 10
1042 posts
Bumble bee

I have a 7.5 round on my size 5.25 finger and my opinion is  that it looks too big. I’d recommended the 7.5.

Post # 11
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Not a moissonite but a 8mm white sapphire on a size 6.

Great coverage in my opinion πŸ˜‡

Post # 12
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - victoria educational gardens

8mm oec on size 6. It took some getting used to. I was a little uncomfortable at first but I’m fine with it now.

Post # 13
1185 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Here’s my 7.5mm OEC, size 6. I sometimes think it’s a little big but I do love it. I ordered the stone loose but really couldn’t tell from that how much coverage it was going to be, especially in the bezel set which makes the stone look bigger. 

Post # 15
3855 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

7.5 3mm cushion, 6.25 finger. No halo though…

The topic ‘7.5 or 8mm moissanite on 6-6.5 fingers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors