7.5mm, 8mm, or 8.5 round moissy

posted 4 months ago in Engagement
Post # 2
377 posts
Helper bee

I had an 8.5mm round and it was AMAZING and I’m a size 4. I swapped it for a 2.1 carat diamond in the same setting but to give some perspective it’s not massive and is more of an equivalent 2 carat diamond than a 2.5 carat diamond. I think that size is very wearable and not too large at all especially in a simple setting πŸ™‚ 

Post # 3
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2020 - Round Rock, TX

heytherebrittany :  I have a 7.5mm round moissy! my ring is a 3.75 but my finger is actually a 3.5. I think it’s the perfect size stone! before I got this, I had a 3ct equivalent CZ (9.5mm??) and it was far too big for me. this one is perfect!!

Post # 6
377 posts
Helper bee

That’s the diamond but it’s about the same dimensions.  I don’t remember the measurements exactly but it was able to stay in the same setting with no problems! So maybe off by .1mm or so. But the measurements of an 8.5mm moissy are about the same as a 2 carat round diamond even though it’s advertised as a 2.5 carat DEW. I have a close up of the moissy but it looks bigger since it’s close up – but I promise it looked just about the same as the diamond does lol

Post # 7
377 posts
Helper bee

Here’s a similar photo of the diamond

Size wise they are almost identical I think the diamond is like 8.6×8.54 or something lol

Post # 8
2554 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2008 - County courthouse

I have a 8.5mm moissanite. 3ct was too big, 2.5ct is a good size for me. I’m a size 8:

Post # 9
897 posts
Busy bee

There are a few side stones on this ring, but the center stone is 8mm round  & size 6.75.

Post # 10
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2021 - IL

Hi! I can help πŸ™‚ I’m a size 6.25 too and my moissanite is an 8mm/2ct equivalent. It’s in a low profile 14k rose gold setting with six claw prongs. The shank measures ~2mm but it tapers ever so slightly towards the center stone. It’s barely noticeable though. I think it’s the perfect size! 

I was in your situation and debated between 7.5mm, 8mm, and 8.5mm as well. I ordered 3 cheap loose cz stones from Etsy and put them in my hand to make my decision. I liked 8mm the best because it’s a happy medium. Shrinkage set in for me when I was looking at the 7.5mm constantly and 8.5mm was a little too big for my personal preference. Hope this helps! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
9 posts
Newbee

heytherebrittany :  Thank you! Its my dream ring honestly. My setting is in rose gold, but it’s 14k as opposed to 18k that True Gem’s offers. I say go for the 8mm or 8.5mm. Like you said its not a huuuge difference, but for me 8.5mm was a little too big just because I’d be the one looking at it the most, ya know? I think if shrinkage is something you’re considering, lean towards 8.5mm. I’ve had mine for two months as this point and I’ve never once thought my 8mm “shrank”. I thought it was huge at first, but I got used to it and I think the size is just perfect πŸ™‚ Happy ring shopping! Post pics when it all happens. I’d love too see!

Post # 14
377 posts
Helper bee

Hello! Just wanted to pop back on here and say go for the 8.5mm! Like I said it’s closer to 2 carats (2.1-2.2 like they said, mine is 2.1 carats and basically 8.5mm) if you are having such a hard time picking, I think you’ll regret NOT going larger once you have it  heytherebrittany :  

Post # 15
9 posts
Newbee

heytherebrittany :  that’s interesting! I’ve found too when I was first looking at rings that different websites say different carat sizes for 8mm and 8.5mm. Ultimately, you’ll be the one looking at your ring the most so I’d say go off your judgement. Here’s a sizing chart to look off of! There’s not too much of difference between the two like the PP said

As for rose or champagne gold, they’re both beautiful. I say rose gold though just because I’m biased πŸ˜› If you want something unique, then I say champagne gold is the way to go πŸ™‚ 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors