7.5mm or 8mm round moissanite for a size 6.5 finger? Help!

posted 2 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What size do you think looks best on a size 6.5 finger?
    7.5mm (1.5 Carat) : (25 votes)
    64 %
    8mm (2 Carat) : (14 votes)
    36 %
  • Post # 2
    140 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2021 - City, State

I have a size 9 finger, but I have an 8mm moissy (C&C F1) and it lends some solid finger coverage. A 7.5 is really close, about a 1.5+ ct equivalent. My 8mm is a 2ct equivalent.

I have not gotten any questions of “is it a diamond” but I have had “yours is big!” and such, but never from strangers, only from friends and family or coworkers, and only about 3 times.

Anyway, on to the good stuff, the ring!

Post # 3
    1639 posts
    Bumble bee

7.5 is noticably large on a small finger. 8mm will attract a lot of attention, if you are comfortable  with that. I actually downsized to a 6.5mm because it gathered too much attention. This is 6.5 I can’t seem to find a pic of my 7.5

Post # 4
    1616 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2019 - City, State

I have a 7.5mm on a size 4 finger. It’s not overly large, and I’ve never had anyone ask about it at all. I think you could easily get away with an 8mm with a 6.5 finger.

7E5484DF-F5FE-42FF-A4AD-601398083096

Post # 5
    3050 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2017

Go big or go home.  Diamond Simulant Shrinkage Syndrome (DSSS) is real. Lol No pun intended!   Go with the 2 carat dia equiv weight. No matter what someone thinks,  it’s doubtful anyone would be rude enough to actually *ask* if it’s a genuine diamond. The only proper comment regarding an engagement/ wedding ring is a compliment and most people know that. It’s very pretty,  congrats. 

Post # 6
    54 posts
    Worker bee

Im wearing a 7.5mm on a 6.75 finger and I think it looks pretty big but still classy. I saw bigger stones but they just look disproportionate on my fingers. This may be due to the shortness of them though and not the size! I would not want to go any bigger than 1.5 ct but I’m sure 2 will also look nice! 

Post # 7
    1955 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2020

I have a 7.5 on a 6.5 finger. I get multiple comments about the stone’s large size. I’ve had it for 3 weeks. I was contemplating 8, but the jeweler told me an 8 would probably attract too much attention. Also remember that the bigger you go, the higher the stone sits, which can be uncomfortable. I find mine perfect, visually and practically. Don’t forget that the prongs and any stones will add to how big it looks. Also with moissanite, a bigger stone looks more off. I think 2 carat equivalent moissanites look fine, though. I am a huge fan of the hearts and arrows cut

Post # 8
    111 posts
    Blushing bee

I have a 7.5 mm hearts and arrows moissanite in a similar solitaire, and wear a size 6 ring. I think it’s noiticable but not huge, but it all comes down to personal taste!

Post # 9
    1638 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

Get the 8! I got a 7.5 on size 5.75 and I regret not getting an 8.

Post # 10
    1885 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

I actually just sold this ring, but this is an 8mm round on size 5.75. I found it just a hair too big, tbh.

71117_4

Post # 11
    280 posts
    Helper bee

I suffered a bad case of SHRINKAGE after I wore my 7.5mm OEC for a week or so we swapped it out for the 8mm and I was totally sure I had done the wrong thing because that felt too big but I listened to the advice here and after a week it’s perfect!! I am a size 5.75 and I have skinny finger but a large hand if that makes sense and I have only recieved compliments.

Post # 12
    280 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    anangel :  ADORE your set!

Post # 13
    229 posts
    Helper bee

I have tried on a few and I find that while my finger is a 7. I am a short 7 and so the 8 looked crazy huge on me with my tiny hands hahahaha I get teased in the powerlifting community about my small hands and it cracks me up …

Do you have a Helzburg near you? They have moissanite in stores …that is where I went to find stuff to actually put on my hands 

whatever you decide…it will be great 😊

Post # 14
    1349 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2020 - Santa Barbara

I’m a size 6.75 with small hands & short fingers so I went with a 7.0mm with a small halo and it looks good. If you have longer fingers go bigger 8.0 but if not I recommend going smaller 7.5. 

Post # 15
    557 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2020 - Round Rock, TX

View original reply
    astid423 :  who cares what other people think! get the size you love. I know people on WB make it seem like everyone is going to be scrutinizing your ring, but I promise they won’t. and even if they do, who gives a damn!

I have a 7.5mm/1.5ct moissy on a size 3.5 finger, so it’s pretty large compared to my small fingers. but I have not once had anyone question whether it is a diamond or not. usually people compliment my “diamond” and I tell them what it is! 

here is a pic so you can see the finger coverage! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors