(Closed) 7 days in Maui – what are the "musts" ?

posted 6 years ago in Travel
Post # 32
1384 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@jbyrdy:  I think that’s where we are staying!!! Is that the one that is on the cliff?

Post # 33
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@CestTresJolie14:  Yes it is!! It’s a wonderful resort, you will love it!

Post # 35
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@sillysillybee:  

@Rainstorm77

It’s basicall what orchidaloha said. You drive all the way around. Instead of following the way that the tour buses and most tourist take, we did it the opposite way and it was amazing and we never got caught up in the traffic on the road.

Post # 35
471 posts
Helper bee

Well I am back from an amazing week in Maui. It was gorgeous and we did a lot of things.

Molly2014: sillysillybee:  I just wanted to respond to the ‘doing road to Hana backwards’ as that’s apparently not a good idea. The road to the south of Hana was very badly damaged by an earthquake so now if you have a rental car, the majority of car rental places do not insure your car if you take it over this road. 

We bought this AWESOME app called ‘Gypsy Tours’ for the road to Hana, and there were also ones for the crater and the entire Maui island. The information in them is awesome and they tell you exactly where to stop on the road to Hana and where the best places are. He also gives a really interesting history about Hawaii, so you’re not bored on your drive back! It was $5 and honestly worth much more than that. A personal tour guide! It’s GPS guided, so it can tell where you are and lets you know where to turn etc.  AMAZING!

Just attaching a few pics 🙂 

Post # 36
471 posts
Helper bee

orchidaloha:  Ohhhh we did the Kahekili Highway! OMG hahaha… I am pretty sure I had about 5 heart attacks on the way. But we did see whales frolicking in the bay so it was worth it 🙂 We also saw an almost constant stream of whales between Wailea (where we stayed) and Lahaina. We did the Kahekili Highway to get to the Nakalele blowhole! Totally worth the crazy road, I think!

We just left on Saturday *sigh* 

The topic ‘7 days in Maui – what are the "musts" ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors