(Closed) 7 days out and I’m adding MORE to my to do list?

posted 8 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Let me say something that might save your sanity: NO NAPKIN RINGS!  Don’t do it.  Also, this late, I’d say make no more than three of those giant flower balls, unless you find out they take less than 15 minutes to make.

Would christmas lights work?  Much less work, if you have enough on hand.  

Post # 4
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I agree, the napkin rings will make you crazy and the guest won’t care that much about them and will never miss them if they are not there. I, however, do agree that the hanging balls are super cute! I hope they don’t take long to make and that they turn out wonderful for you!!

Post # 6
647 posts
Busy bee

I think that these are super cute, but I’ve also heard they take a looong time to make.  You might want to just save yourself the insanity and go without.  Or get a bunch of paper lanterns in different colors, similar look, way less work.

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

I made some of these on a smaller scale. The longest part was the fluffing, but they still took me around 10 minutes for each one.

Post # 8
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

don’t do it! not worth your peace of mind 😉 

congrats! we’re almost there…

Post # 9
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I have to agree with the other bees–Step Away from the Napkin Rings!!  Unless you have a coordinator or willing team of helpers to put it together, with 7 days to go, seriously just walk away.  Yes, they do look adorable in pictures.   Detail shots always look adorable in pictures, but that’s about all they’re good for. In reality, they are a pain to assemble and will get tossed aside within minutes of your guests sitting down.  And unless you have a lot of time dedicated to make sure each one comes perfectly, such a large quantity means the last 35 or so will probably look half baked which will cause only more frustration.  I’m sorry, I don’t want to sound overly negative but just letting you know that your sanity in the last week leading up to your wedding is invaluable!

The topic ‘7 days out and I’m adding MORE to my to do list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors