(Closed) 7 month old and baby fever!

posted 5 years ago in Babies
Post # 2
3434 posts
Sugar bee

Well….since you asked for help calming down….I’ll just say that creating another human simply so you can be pregnant at the same time as your friend is CRAZY:) Remember… you asked:)

Post # 3
9795 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

From what I have seen, lots of women get baby fever sometime around 6mo when their baby starts growing up more. I think it’s just hormonal. But getting pregnant before your baby is 1 year means you are at greater risk for things like preterm birth or placenta problems. There is a reason that natural child spacing is more like 2.5-3 years, it is biologically better for everyone involved. Plus if yo uare currently breastfeeding and get pregnant your milk will dry up so obviously a concern to anyone who plans on breastfeeding until 1 or longer.

Wait until they turn into a toddler who whines nonstop. I think I would go insane if I had to deal with a whiny as fuck 1.5 year old a crying newborn at the same time lol.  My toddler is more needy than she was when she was a newborn!!  Toddlers are way more work IMO (and mine was an easy baby!). And also, I have had baby fever too when other friends got pregnant but it’s stupid to alter your own plans based on someone else being pregnant

Post # 4
3003 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I agree with both of the above posters. My son is 18 months and he is SO MUCH WORK. Much more so than when he was a baby. Right now he is aggressively sitting himself in my lap while whining “mama mama mama” and trying to drive his toy truck over my keyboard. I can’t imagine also having a newborn- seriously I think it would be hell for me. We want to TTC again right around his second birthday as I think 3 years would be a good age gap for both him and us. Enjoy the stage your baby is in now and know that you are giving her all the love and attention she deserves. 

Honestly, if I had been struggling with infertility and my friend was like, “Surprise! I wanted to get pregnant again so we could be pregnant together and now *POOF* I’m pregnant, too!”…..well, I don’t think I’d like that.

View original reply
MrsDusso:  

Post # 5
3088 posts
Sugar bee

lol…Mine is 14 months apart so…

But you already know what you’re in for twice over so thread carefully.

What I will say though is that I was surprised that 2 was not that much more work than 1 (law of diminishing returns??…ha).

However, it’s still more work and less time you will have for yourself.

Post # 6
9076 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

It takes the body an incredibly long time to recover from childbirth. From a medicinal standpoint, it’s a very bad idea.

Post # 8
312 posts
Helper bee

When she starts walking and getting into things that fever may cool off a little lol

Post # 9
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Outdoor

Haha my neighbor’s baby will be 1 in May and she’s due in August with her second! 15 months apart!

The topic ‘7 month old and baby fever!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors