(Closed) 7 Months is a long time, right? How far along was your planning at 7 mos?

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
  • poll: How am I doing?
    On schedule. : (11 votes)
    32 %
    Ahead of schedule. : (9 votes)
    26 %
    Behind schedule. : (10 votes)
    29 %
    I have no idea. : (4 votes)
    12 %
  • Post # 3
    135 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Don’t stress, you’re not necessarily behind! The locations and officiant and stuff are the big things! I’m actually at a very similar place in terms of planning. The only thing I’ve nailed down that you haven’t is my florist/floral vision and I’ve started DIYing some of my decor. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed because there are so many details to figure out, but try not to stress! Maybe try making a list of everything there is to do so you can check things off as you get them done. That will give you a sense of accomplishment as you mark things off and you’ll see how much you’ve actually done compared to what’s left to do. 🙂

ETA: That said, I do have a cake tasting set up for next weekend and our tasting for food is in April (and regardless of the tasting, the caterer won’t change– it’s our venue– so only the menu options might be tweaked.) And we’re bridesmaid dress shopping this weekend. Tuxes probably won’t take that long to figure out and we’re planning to do them closer to the wedding. As for alterations, I was hoping to wait a while. I could be wrong but don’t you start that like 3 months out?

Post # 4
    1880 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

At 7 months we just had the venue and photographer.

My cousin, at 7 months out from his wedding, was not even yet engaged, lol. They got engaged and then married six months later. So seven months is ploenty of time.

Post # 5
    9202 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

I think you’re good – just get the music sitch figured out soon cause they do tend to book up!

Post # 7
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

I think it would be best to focus on any vendors first, and get your contract signed with them if you need to.  That way at least you have your date reserved. Often you don’t need an exact menu set to book.  I haven’t even thought about a menu but I booked my caterer (my last vendor except for any transportation) last night.

You can get Bridesmaid or Best Man and groomsmen attire in March or April (I don’t think it takes more than 4-5 months for it to come in-at the most).

I don’t think you need to get your dress altered until the summer.

You have plenty of time for decor, but if you want to use a florist I would book them (goes along with booking any vendors).  You don’t have to decide immediately exactly what you want.  You can change your mind completely a month before!

Sit down and make a list and group them by what needs to be done when.  Then don’t both worrying about anything until you need to do it.

Post # 10
    3220 posts
    Sugar bee

I am having a less than 6 month engagement so I think you’re doing well! We still need an officiant and the cake.

Post # 11
    4755 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

at 7 months I had a lot more done.

Post # 12
    275 posts
    Helper bee

We’re seven months out now. We have booked a location, photographer, DJ, and Photobooth. I have my dress. We’re doing a tasting this month. I’m going to choose my maids’ dresses this weekend. My stepmom is making our cupcakes. Tuxes will be chosen in May or June.

I should say though that we’ll have been engaged for two years when we get married. 🙂

Post # 13
    163 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I am getting married 6 months 2 days after getting engaged so you have me beat.

Post # 14
    166 posts
    Blushing bee

@MonPetite:  you can do it, I had a year and half to plan and did it in 6 months. My recommendation is to buy your dress as soon as possible because it takes 6 months to ship.  Book cater and photographer.   Everything should be simpler (it will flow), you have time.

Post # 15
    9955 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

Lol, at 7 months out… all I had was a Proposal

Mind you we are an Older Couple who Eloped for the Marriage part.

What I am a tad concerned about (altho I know it’ll all come together in the long run and be fine) is we are still working thru details for our Back Home Reception Party… that happens later this month.  Still have what I feel is oodles to do !!

Lol, we’ll be busy running around this weekend… and I’ll be up to my eyeballs in the DIY Projects next week / weekend for sure.

Post # 16
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@MonPetite:  It’s just enough time if you are a very decisive and quick-acting person. I got engaged on Christmas and our wedding is on August 24th. I already had a venue on contract before the engagement. Everything else happened soon after like buying a wedding dress three days after getting engaged. lol The longest lead item on my list is the ordering of the bridesmaids dresses. They will take about 6 months to come in.

The topic ‘7 Months is a long time, right? How far along was your planning at 7 mos?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors