(Closed) 7 months pregnant. Does my back look fat in dress?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
4227 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

I’m not going to lie to you, I DO see a teensy bit of the ‘fullness’ in the back area by your mid section associated with pregnancy. However, I would NOT say your back looks fat in that dress. You arent bursting out of it or anything at all! You look pretty darn awesome in that dress! 🙂

PS: LOVE the sleeves!!!

Post # 4
297 posts
Helper bee

You look amazing! I love your dress. Wear your hair the way you want to 🙂

Post # 5
3232 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
libertine_lady : I am 7 months pregnant too and wow…I would not be able to guess you were pregnant by looking at you in this dress. You look great! I personally prefer the updo hair, but either would look beautiful. 

Post # 6
11392 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
libertine_lady :  so interesting, maybe because I haven’t been pregnant, but I don’t see what you’re talking about! It might be one of those things that only those who’ve experienced pregnancy know what to look for, idk. You look fantastic, I would never guess you were 7 months. With buttons moved I can’t imagine this is going to be an issue at all. Also love love love the lace sleeves

I love the long hair look, not to hide anything but just because it’s so pretty and often women cut their hair later, so it’s nice to have your long hair in the pictures. 

My only suggestion is to consider trying it without the belt, as it actually looks even more flattering without imo. 

Post # 7
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I think you look FANTASTIC…and I don’t think your back looks fat or broad.  I would wear your hair up.

Post # 8
280 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
libertine_lady : Firstly, you look brilliant for 7 months pregnant, I can’t see a bump at all! Great dress choice! Love the sleeves too – very flattering. I would however wear your hair down, I think not only will this look better with the styling of the dress but will also make you feel more comfortable on the day. You will be concentrating on having an amazing time rather than worrying about people catching you at an unflattering angle.

Post # 9
4227 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

View original reply
libertine_lady :  I think both up or down would look fine, but I am leaning towards up based on the pics you posted. I think those few last minute tweaks to your dress will 100% address that little bit of fullness 🙂

Post # 10
281 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
libertine_lady :  I see fullness yes, but not fat…you look great. I can barely even tell you’re pregnant, you look amazing in your dress!

Post # 11
712 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

you look amazing! it looks a tinsy bit small to me, but not in any noticable way. if you hadn’t said anything I wouldn’t have noticed. I think you are fine.

Post # 12
555 posts
Busy bee

OP, I absolutely LOVE your hair in those pictures, but I have to say that your back does look a bit bulky in the dress. I would maybe wear my hair done to cover it up, like you do in the first pic.

Post # 13
3441 posts
Sugar bee

I think you look great as-is, really!

Post # 14
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

View original reply
libertine_lady :  If it helps, I just scrolled up and down twice to find the “after” pictures assuming the ones you posted were your pre-pregnancy pics. You look FAB. Rock whatever hair you want!

Post # 15
970 posts
Busy bee

It doesn’t really matter what we think. If you feel uncomfortable, you will be uncomfortable. You’ll be spending your whole night trying to make sure your hair is “hiding” the thing you don’t feel good about.

You deserve to feel 100% confident and gorgeous on your wedding day, not “beautiful except…”

So I would say either decide to own it and get the hairdo you really like (after all, no one takes pictures of the back of your dress and you’re pregnant, not overweight. And you look gorgeous ps). Or, abort mission and find a dress that you feel comfortable in. 

Alternatively, you could always get a super cute knit shawl or fur cape to wear. 

The topic ‘7 months pregnant. Does my back look fat in dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors