(Closed) 7 months to go! And I need to break up with a vendor :(

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’ve never been in this type of situation but I feel for you. It’s sure to be awkward, but if you’ve expressed your concern with her boss in the past, I’m sure it won’t be a total surprise.  As awkward as the conversation may be, I think at the end of the day, you’ll have a weight lifted off your shoulder and be happy with your choice.  It’s better to have a not so fun conversation now, then risk having a not so great experience at your wedding that could tarnish  your relationship with your friend. 

Good luck and good vibes sent to you =)

Post # 4
1158 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I am sure it will be fine. I would invite Connie as a guest and leave a voicemail after hours for the owner of the Dj business. Just tell her you went with a package deal to save money. 

Post # 5
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@s2bmrscook:  My sister had a similar situation, a friend was going to dj until she found out what a good deal she could get with a lighting company.  She ended up telling the friend that someone (a relative) “gifted” her the lighting company dj package, to avoid hurting any feelings.  You only get the one wedding, so I think you should go with the vendor you prefer. 

The topic ‘7 months to go! And I need to break up with a vendor :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors