(Closed) 7 months to go….and I just found out I’m pregnant

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Wow. This is a tough decision for you. Wedding aside, do you want a baby right now? Do you and your Fiance ready for a child? I mean, this isn’t a light situation, this is pretty life changing! You need to think of what’s right for your life together. Are you financially/emotionally/psychologically for a baby? That’s far more important than a wedding right now. You and Fiance need to sit down and have a big serious talk. And have you taken a pregnancy test??? You didn’t mention.

Post # 4
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I could be wrong but by the time you’d test positive I think its too late for the pill… you’d have to go and get an actual abortion. Seriously consider how you would feel about that. Honestly I’d take the wedding totally out of the picture and just think about the baby… because if you do it JUST because of the wedding you’ll probably regret it. 

Post # 5
2208 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

This is a really big decision, and one you really, REALLY need to make together. I’m definitely pro-choice, but I don’t think this is something you should decide based on the advice of people on a chat board.

Post # 6
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Honestly I think this is a very tough spot and I dont really have any advice and I am sorry for that but I do wish you all the luck with whatever you decide. I def dont think judgement should be passed upon you for any decision you make and I sincerely hope that doesnt happen in this post. All things considered I dnt think the wedding should provide to be a factor in the choice of having a baby.

Post # 8
2373 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

Are you talking about the Plan B pill? I’m fairly certain it’s too late for that (but I could be thinking of the wrong pill.. a few years ago they were talking about an abortion pill SR something something..)

Anyway, it’s a personal decision. If you’re ready and want a baby- I would have it. I don’t think the wedding should play into this decision. I know you don’t want to be judged but read what you wrote “I want to look good”- if you’re this torn you may not be ready for motherhood at this moment. Personally, if I was ready for a child I would prefer to push back the wedding date in lieu of abortion. I’m pro choice, but if you’re ready to have children and planned on it shortly after the wedding- abortion seems a bit extreme if the reasoning is you want to look good. Regardless, it’s a tough situation and I wish you the best.

Post # 9
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Agree with the girls above – I don’t think I’d let the wedding have any affect on your decision here, the actual wedding is just the one day and there are so many other factors to consider. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Post # 10
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

Umm… I’m all for the support/advice that Weddingbee gives, but it seems to me you’re treating this very lightly.  It’s not like you’re asking whether you should have peonies or ranunculus. 

I think if you’re willing to open up the decision whether to have an abortion or not to an online forum, and your main concern is that the baby’s going to mess up your wedding, you’re not ready.

Perhaps you’re just acting light about it, because you’re actually really stressed, but from your post it seems like you’re not taking it seriously.

Post # 11
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I know of many brides that get married while 8 9 months pregnant, whats wrong with being a pregnant bride, its cute. .  You can have an early bachelorette party, I mean dont let a night of partying or a wedding take over the life of your baby.  I honestly think you will regret it, alot of women get depressed and sad after an abortion and you dont want to be feeling this way on your wedding day, the feeling of guilt.  

Post # 12
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

Pregnant brides look beautiful too!

[attachment=855089,107079] [attachment=855089,107080] [attachment=855089,107081]

Post # 13
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

thats if you decide to go in that direction.

Post # 14
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

honestly its SUCH a bigger decision then do” i want this to interfere with my wedding, i wont fit into my dress, his friends will judge me.” its a  baby, a living thing- nothing to take lightly.  A baby is a huge reponsibility- your wedding is ONE day. you have to decide whats right for you and your Fiance….. But seriously, i am kinda shocked of your reasoning for wanting to terminate the baby based on facts like your dress wont fit. idk…hope im interperting wrong….

Post # 15
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

If you guys are both definitely happy with the baby on its way, and you’re sure it’s right for you both, is it possible to move up the wedding so that you could still not be showing? Mrs. Dumpling was pregnant at her wedding due to a surprise pregnancy, and she showed a little, but you could barely see. She was beautiful.

I’m wondering if you pulled the surprise pregnancy card with your vendors, and they had the day available, they would be sympathetic. It would be slightly more stressful, but it couild definitely be done 🙂

Post # 16
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Maybe I’m the one reading the OP wrong, but I never got the sense she was questioning having the baby – just moving her wedding so she’s not as big or going forward as planned, which is what I got from her followup comment too…

I say if you can afford to move the date with little aggravation, go for it.  Otherwise, be big and beautiful and rock that belly at your wedding! 

Congratulations and good luck! 

The topic ‘7 months to go….and I just found out I’m pregnant’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors