(Closed) 7 more months to go!

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Yay! I can’t believe it. My countdown is at 221 days! That’s insane. My 7 month mark is next Tuesday. I hope these next 7 months fly by!

I don’t have a whole lot planned for June, I have been procrastinating on my STD’s, so I need to get those out soon. I’m starting to look into invitations, stuff like that. Basically just trying to finalize decisions. I’ve got most of the big stuff done!

How about the rest of you?

Post # 5
1560 posts
Bumble bee

WOHOO!!!! 221 days sounds better than 331 πŸ˜‰ My to-do list this month is pretty short, I’m hosting a bridal shower for my Maid/Matron of Honor and her wedding is on the 19th so it’ll be pretty busy!!! Our e-pics aren’t until July 1st, our photographer gets pictures back pretty fast, do you think late July is too late to send out STD’s??? I’m getting really nervous that it’s silly to even send them at that point. :/ I ordered some things to make pomanders with and will get started on those, and have chosen paper for our invites so I can get started on printing those out (what? you don’t plan on doing invites before STD’s? LOL). Girls are choosing dresses, but honestly with the other wedding this month we’re all pretty sidetracked.

Post # 7
144 posts
Blushing bee

YES!! 221 days! I can’t wait to break 200 this month!! YES! I got just about all of my May stuff done plus some extras! I have to following for this month: 

• Keep working on Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
  • Order guest book (we are doing a photo book of pics of us)
  • Finish DIY invitations (getting sooo close to being done!! PRAISE GOD!)
  • Create wedding website
  • Register (DONE!!!)
  • Create table numbers
  • Look at suits for men
  • Keep working on DIY centerpieces
  • Book Limo/Transportation
  • Keep working on Wedding Music

WOW! SO much to do but totally manageable! Right? Maybe? Its getting so close girls!! I can’t wait!

Post # 8
1560 posts
Bumble bee

Ok, I made a decision to not wait for our engagement pictures, we have a picture of us that I *LOVE* and we’ll use it. It’s one of those super cute pictures you always hate couples for having, oh yeah, we’ve got one πŸ™‚ So that’s what I’ll use and we’ll order them next week hopefully! WOW! I have kind of kicked my butt into full-on-wedding-mode right now, the whole “seven months to go” thing really got me going!!!

Post # 10
2788 posts
Sugar bee

So excited!

We are:

Signing our *new* venue contract, finalizing registry, picking out our *new* Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, get ready for our engagment party! (in July), finding an officiant, looking into florists, save the dates, look into INVITATIONS!.

That’s all for now, but I’m likely to add more tasks as the month goes on.

Post # 11
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

YAY! We sent out our Save-The-Date Cards a few weeks ago, so I’ve been having a lot of fun watching the stat counter on our wedding website go up πŸ™‚ 

We’re working on centerpieces this month, hopefully – we’re thinking about doing silk flowers, so we’re gonna start researching that and seeing if we can find something we like!

We’re also taking two dance classes this month! We did our first one on Tuesday and it was SO much fun! We have another one on Monday and I can’t wait!

Post # 12
1148 posts
Bumble bee

We got our biggest thing done so far: booking a photographer. We’re so excited to use him! I’m glad we did it now because somebody else already called wanting the same day and he had to say that we were penciled in. Yay! Haha, but really I’m hoping to get tons of cranes folded and our invitations hammered out.

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi January Brides! I am so excited that we are finally under the 200 day mark! My Fiance and I have been engaged since May 2009..and I’m more than ready to get to the Big Day! We ordered our STD magnets already…should be here on Monday! YAY! So many things to do still though!

Post # 15
529 posts
Busy bee

I can’t believe we’re all getting so close!!!! Today is 178 days for me!! So much to get done in just under 6 months!! UNDER 6 MONTHS!! I can’t believe it!!

This month for me we’re:

-Finishing up registry

-Setting up engagement photo shoot (we wanted fall photos)

-Ordering invitations

-Checking out flower girl dresses

-Finalizing guest list

-Working on playlist and music

-Figuring out somewhere to live

-Working on Photo Slideshow for reception

-Meeting with decorator

-Ordering cake and flowers

-Figuring out limo/transportation

…. And the list goes on! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
151 posts
Blushing bee

@Ginger87:, @toffee Hi date twin πŸ™‚ 

Our DJ keeps asking us for our 100% top 10 songs, but I feel it’s too early to be tied in to that! I’m waiting for winter Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses to come around before heading that route. We’ve selected our invites and I guess it’s time to get off my butt and order them. We’re going to ask for a rsvp date of Nov 1.

Is anyone doing a honeymoon registry?

The topic ‘7 more months to go!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors