.7 or .8

posted 8 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

You will probably not see any difference between a 0.7 and a 0.8 carat round stone unless you are literally weighing them beside each other.  So no, it will not look too big on you!  If you are debating between a 0.7 and 0.8 carat stone, I would choose the one with higher clarity/cut/color.  It will sparkle a bit more then ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Mine center stone is a 0.73 carat (I think) round diamond and my ring size is 4.75 (the band is 2.9 mm thick).  Here’s a pic for comparison: 

Post # 4
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I have a 4.25 finger. I tried on .75s and .9s and ended up with around 1.3ish (although he won’t tell me exactly what it is lol). It doesn’t look too big. And ultimately, you’ll love whatever one you get!

Post # 5
548 posts
Busy bee

Here’s pics:

[attachment=1312407,166935] [attachment=1312407,166936]

Post # 6
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Heh, yeah dear you’re probably not gonna see a difference in size of ten points between two stones. And, personal opinion, but I can’t see a .8 ct. diamond looking “too big” on any size finger. I’m sure it would look great. Are you debating over two specific stones in particular? Or just trying to figure out what would be a good size for you?

Here’s a site from Blue Nile that shows about how large each carat weight would be:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds/diamond-carat-weight

ETA: Actually, sorry, this one does a better job of comparing sizes:

http://www.ajediam.com/Sizes-of-Diamonds.html

Post # 8
14661 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@HoyaLawya2010 wow, i have a 4.25 finger also and have a 1.3 too, and it definitely doenst look that big!  Your’s looks closer to 1.5!!

Post # 9
548 posts
Busy bee

@pinkshoes, really? Cool haha! Lol I am terrible at guesstimating. I hope he wouldn’t be upset if he knew I was underestimating it! This is why he should just tell me the stats ๐Ÿ™‚ Silly boys!

Post # 10
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

.76 big enough and not too large…

Post # 11
27 posts
Newbee

This is size 5. But I would prefer 4.75

Post # 12
57 posts
Worker bee

I have the same stats as Nastusha, ring size 4.75…I think a lot of how big it looks depends on the setting. Obviously, if you’re looking at a halo around the center stone, it will look bigger etc. Good luck! Exciting time!!

Post # 13
669 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@mudbug: Oh my gosh, that is such a beautiful ring!

Post # 14
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

yes, i think my 0.55 is big sometimes.  i’d go with the .7

Post # 15
57 posts
Worker bee

@futuremrs.wood thank you!! I’ve had it a year and I’m still obsessed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee

mudbug:  I know this was 5 years ago, but I love your ring! Can you tell me how thick the band is on your ring?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors