Post # 17
1284 posts
Bumble bee

This is disgusting and offensive.

Post # 18
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

underblueskies1016 :  As a Christian myself this entire article is absolutely ridiculous…  It’s not what the bible teaches at all.

Post # 19
11574 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

Another attempt to use divine authority to justify keeping others down. No thanks.  

Post # 20
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2017

my jaw is on the floor. wtf did i just read?

Post # 21
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2014

The guy’s a looney toon, no doubt, but the fact that there are so many commenters on the article that agree with him absolutely disgusts me. The guy looking for advice on how to discipline his wife for gaining 20 lbs? I want to barf.

Post # 22
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Valleybrook Country Club

The scary thing is that people like this exist and preach their beliefs to others who listen. I was raised Roman Catholic and I will be married in our local Cathedral. What I’ve learned from church and priests, and even the monsignor who is marrying us, is to treat each other as we would like to be treated and to be respectful of anyone and everyone. This article is a contradiction to everything I have learned from my church. If I showed this article to the monsignor I’m sure he would be less than displeased. Perhaps at our next pre-cana meeting I will get his perspective on this. I wonder what type of Christian form this is.

Post # 25
2003 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

If I knew a friend was in this kind of marriage I would be talking to about seeking help for abuse. Because that is what this is. 

Post # 26
2146 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

how is this anything to do with christianity… I do not belong to anyone, never have and never will but last time I checked I was christian

still not quite as offensive as the ‘christian’ book on how to beat your children… thats been linked to several child deaths now and some people still buy it

Post # 27
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

If my husband did this, he’d get plenty of disipline himself in jail. But lucky him, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t withhold sex there ;). 

Post # 28
2093 posts
Buzzing bee

I grew up in a very conservative Christian household, and this is actually more common than many people think. It is definitely not “mainstream Christianity”. Your average church goer probably isn’t subscribing to this type of behavior, but there are pockets in the Christian community that do practice this type of submission- based household. I had several friends growing up that lived like this, and my parents subscribed to the hierarchy system of my dad being the head of the household. 

Over the years, they have changed their positioning on this a little and moved away from Fundamental Christianity to a more mainstream approach. 

Post # 29
949 posts
Busy bee

I stopped skimming through it when I saw that the author had capitalised the word “order”. Sorry, eff that crap.

The topic ‘7 Ways to Discipline Your Wife’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors