7 Ways to Discipline Your Wife

posted 3 years ago in Christian
Post # 76
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2006

I think it wrong that a husband disciplines his wife in the manner discussed. I have never ever met a christian who does this. However I am sure that in some marriages one of them might get spanked because they find it sexy and ask for it. This is totally different from the punishment angle though.

Post # 77
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

This is a joke thread right?  No one should be disciplining anyone,  you are all grown up adults.

Post # 78
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

This is scary. In today’s modern world, the fact that this very old and backwards way of thinking even has any truth to it is very disturbing to me. 

I wouldn’t even consider marrying my fi if any of this had any application whatsoever. 

of course if your wife isnt working and spending money you dont have you should take the credit cards away from her (this applies to men too!). That isn’t discipline, it’s common sense. And clearly, thats a problem about respect in your marriage and has nothing to do with discipline and everything to do with being a terrible choice of life partner…..

Post # 79
684 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Weeeeeeeird. But I’m not surprised. I had a long discussion with a girl from uni a few years ago. She told me all about how she found Jesus (good for her, I just wasn’t very interested) and how she was such a slut and how most girls are such sluts and how horrible it is that people get divorced. I asked her what a person should do if their spouse physically or emotionally abused them. She had the nerve to claim that if that happened to you, it was proof you weren’t a good Christian because Jesus sends only the best spouse to Christians and if your spouse DID abuse you, you probably deserved it.

Yeah. No. I mean, I would say I’m a Christian but this is just madness.

Post # 80
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

As a Christian, this type of thinking angers me to no end. I’ve heard of the “Christian discipline” they refer to. I honestly thought it was a joke the first time I heard of it. It almost angers me as much as the infamous Pearls who advocate abusing children as “discipline”. In addition to having control issues (amongst other things) I really do think these people have a hidden fetish for BDSM and try to enforce that using religion. You can’t tell me a grown man who pressures his wife in submitting to a spanking, or a man who spanks his older children (especially girls) isn’t getting off on it. Rather than being a man and admitting it turns him on, and finding someone else interested in that lifestyle, they try to make it some sort of holy desire and force it on them. Weak. All I can say is any man who forces that on his wife or children has mental issues and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near women or children. 

Post # 81
749 posts
Busy bee

This is some fucking bullshit. We’re Christian and regularly attend church and are active in the community. If ANYONE in the church ever even brought this up and if it isn’t met with horror and shut down immediately, I would leave the church. Unacceptable. 

Post # 83
2813 posts
Sugar bee

This reminds me of chilling Handmaid tales.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors