(Closed) 7 week engagement, how long was yours?

posted 7 years ago in August 2014
Post # 16
1464 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
thefuturemrswindowcleaner:  Haha I am having a two year and one week engagement, so not short at all, but I think whatever works for everyone. Are you having a smaller family, less people travelling, just your nearest and dearest? Good luck with all of the planning! Looking forward to hearing about it! πŸ™‚

Post # 17
8679 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

1 year

Post # 18
1480 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

~23 months. A good friend of mine got married exactly 1 month after they got engaged.

Post # 19
1653 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Wow! Congrats πŸ™‚ You seem very much in love. 

Our engagement is approaching the 2 year mark this Tuesday actually. I got engaged at 18 so I don’t mind the long engagement at all. We may do our legal marriage (certificate) at the end of the summer but the ceremony after we finish school in 2-3 years. If we don’t do the legal marriage this year then we’ll have a five year engagement haha!

Post # 20
1305 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: A very pretty church.

It’ll be two years and three days for us, but my Mum just called me on Friday, and she and her partner have just got engaged, decided to set the date, and it’s in six weeks! So we’re putting my planning on hold for a while πŸ˜›

Post # 22
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

4 months too just beause there was no other date earlier haha

Post # 23
1149 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
thefuturemrswindowcleaner:  Wow that is quick but very exciting! πŸ™‚ 

Our engagement will be just over 18 months by the time we’re married, didn’t need that much time but we wanted to be finished our studies first so we could enjoy the wedding and honeymoon without having to worry! 

My parents had a 12 week engagement and they planned a very beautiful black tie wedding for 180 people so it can definitely be done! My advice would be to not question yourself, if you find something you love just go with it! 

Congrats and have fun planning! 

Post # 24
1841 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

We were engaged for three years (no thanks to ex-wifey). BuT, the time between setting a date and doing the deed was three days!

Post # 26
2088 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Wow 7 weeks is impressive! My sister did it in 3 months and it was a truely wonderful wedding. Although engaged for 4.5 years, I have only been planing my wedding for 2 years. In some ways a shorter timeframe would have been easier- at the beggining the sheer volume of ideas meant I changed my mind soooo many times! Whereas my sister made a decision and then moved on to the next one- she made it seem very easy!

View original reply
thefuturemrswindowcleaner:  

Post # 27
100 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
thefuturemrswindowcleaner: congrats! And that is not quick, I mean maybe in the traditional sense but not today. I was only engaged 4 days before we got married lol 

Post # 28
599 posts
Busy bee

16 months. No way would I have been able to pull off anywhere close to the wedding that I wanted in 7 weeks. 

Post # 29
1291 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

3 months. I don’t even know how I would have waited longer than 6 months. I was a waiting bee for too many years! 

Post # 30
1606 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May

2 years and one month exactly for us. But a short engagement sounds like more fun to me. Less time to dawdle and waste on decisions. We didn’t start actually planning until 8 months before when we said “Man we really need to nail down a date”. 

The topic ‘7 week engagement, how long was yours?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors