(Closed) 7 week engagement, how long was yours?

posted 7 years ago in August 2014
Post # 46
1754 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

22 months!

Post # 47
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

1 month….but we’re having a Catholic Ceremony next year. As far as the Church sees it, we’ll have been engaged for quite a lot longer 

Post # 48
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2014

12 weeks! I can’t wait!

Post # 49
94 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
thefuturemrswindowcleaner:  2.5 years….I get free tuition at my college because of my mother’s employment there, they stated that if I was married I would no longer get free tuition, then they changed that rule, and I wasn’t planning a wedding in 3 months ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 50
322 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
crackktheskyy: same here! It can’t come fast enough.

Post # 51
1754 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Dreambee:  Hah! It looks like we are even getting married the same month next year! I’m torn between it can’t come fast enough and it’s too close! I’m June 27, you?

Post # 52
322 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
crackktheskyy:  lol i meant to say we are both getting married in June of 2015 but i’ve been engaged since 12/29/13. My wedding date is June 20th i can’t wait.

Post # 53
1754 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Dreambee:  ohhhhhhhhhh LOL! Well it is just around the corner ๐Ÿ˜‰ We are less than a year out!

Post # 54
322 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
crackktheskyy:  I know!!! When Fiance and i sat down and picked a date it seem so far away. Now we are less then a year!

Post # 55
6375 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

Roughly 18 months… how on earth did you guys plan so fast? Or, indeed, get the money together so fast? I don’t think I could have done it all in under a year.

Post # 56
3791 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Mine is 8 months from the date we got engaged, but really a little less than 7 from the date we booked the venue – which was the major “This is it” moment.

Post # 57
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@thefuturemrswindowcleaner: About being nervous about messing up your words and such. I was so nervous I was shaking right before I walked down the “aisle” (it was in a backyard so I had a makeshift path around the side of the tent that we had set up – all of our guests were underneath the tent and we got married in front). I almost threw up I was so nervous. Not nervous to get married one bit, like I said, would’ve gone to the courthouse and married my husband the day he asked me, but nervous because of all the people watching me walk down the aisle. I hate being the center of attention. And we only had about 30 people at our wedding! Lol. I didn’t have my dad to give me away so I had to walk halfway by myself which made me more nervous since I had no one to lean on and everyone was looking AT ME. So my husband met me about halfway and we walked the rest of the way together arm in arm. I didn’t look at anyone else but him for the entire ceremony, lol.

But enough of the backstory, here is what I wanted to tell you: Once you get up there, you won’t look at anyone else but him. Everyone else is just background noise during those moments. I was beaming the entire time and we had a little laughter and fun in our ceremony. I must’ve gripped DH’s hands so tight but I was just beaming. The nervousness completely melted away when he took my hands. If you’re completely nervous about messing up your words (believe me, I was for sure), we had our officiant read our vows but have us repeat after her. That way we didn’t have to read off of any papers or memorize anything. I can’t read outloud in front of people without messing up but I can speak just fine So we each repeated after the officiant with vows that we had wrote and it worked out beautifully. So that’s an idea if you’re nervous about fumbling with papers or stumbling over your words.

But yeah, the nervousness just totally went away when we said our vows. And even though our iPad froze and the exit song didn’t play so we had to walk back without music, the day was perfect. I couldn’t have cared less about one tiny detail messing up. The rest of the day was the best day of my life!

You will have an amazing and beautiful day. Just laugh it off and smile. This is your guys’ moment! Enjoy and take care. ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Juno08.
Post # 58
1559 posts
Bumble bee

Good for you guys, ours is going to be a 16 month engagement. That feels like forever, at this point. 

Post # 59
926 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

We had a 18 month engagaement but we were only dating 7 months before the engagement ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 60
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

25 months, 17 to go!!!  We dated 11 minths before getting engaged, and it will be our 3 year anniversary on the wedding date! Congratulations and the part about marrying your best friend was so touching!

The topic ‘7 week engagement, how long was yours?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors