(Closed) 7 week old rolled over?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I delivered my daughter with a midwife and state regs required me to have her examined by a dr within 24 hours. He placed her on the exam table and turned around to get his stethescope. He barely had time to catch her before she rolled over twice right off the table So yes it is completely possible. My daughter was doing amazing things even that first visit. LOL Welcome to the wonderful, wacky, unpredictable world of motherhood. You can’t take your eyes off them for a second lol.

Post # 4
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

Lol, it completely surprised me when my daughter rolled over for the first time at about 8 weeks, so I think 7 weeks is totally possible!  Your son might not start rolling over regularly for a little while still, but some newborns are just really wiggly and figure it out sooner than the norm.  🙂

Post # 5
588 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

My daughter started rolling over a lot at 5 weeks so it’s definitely possible. All babies do things at different times! Even though my daughter rolled and crawled early she still didn’t walk until 12 months so it may not be a prediction of things to come. 

Post # 6
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

My twin cousins could roll pretty early too (somewhere in the 5-8 weeks). We would place them in the same crib but apart from each other, come back in a few minutes later to check and they would be together in the center of the crib. Then when they woke up they would be back on their own sides of their crib. But they didn’t roll for us out in the living room for a few more weeks.

Post # 7
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

My niece could roll over at birth, so it is not unheard of.

Post # 8
6019 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

My son was a squirmy wormy and I dont think he rolled over on purpose but I know he was able to at around 5 weeks. he figured out how to do it on purpose at about 8 weeks though and hasnt stopped moving since! lol. So hearing that it happened at 7 weeks is not too surprising. Btw, Congrats on having a little one! Mine is six now and well out of the baby stage and I miss it 🙁

The topic ‘7 week old rolled over?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors