(Closed) 7 week old won't nap…help please

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 2
11736 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Pretty typical for 7 weeks. To each their own, but I think that’s beyond early to be doing any sort of cio. Look up the fourth trimester and happiest baby on the block 5″S’s”. 30-45 mins is considered a long nap before 6 months. Pretty sure I didn’t get anything accomplished except holding and feeding baby for at least 15 weeks! This time is so fleeting, try to enjoy all the baby snuggles and dependence. It will be gone before you know it!

Post # 3
953 posts
Busy bee

Babies go through growth spurts and change up their routine on their own. Every few weeks you want to pull your hair out from sleep deprivation. It happens.

But heck no to the cio even whatever u call a mini cio. .7 weeks old wtf?  I have no words that are even close to nice. 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  smoocherific.
  • This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  smoocherific.
Post # 4
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

Have you tried any baby carriers? Like wraps, an ergo, mei tai, etc. Many moms swear by them. They can hold and snuggle the baby hands free so they can still get shifted done around the house.

Post # 5
8008 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

I echo the PP about baby wearing. It’s how I got laundry etc done. My kids were bad sleepers- never liked to nap and would not sleep through the night. All babies are different- maybe yours just isn’t a long sleeper.

Post # 7
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

If the only way she sleeps is if you’re holding her, then hold your baby. She needs the sleep and whatever needs to be done around the house can wait. My dd was the same way, and for the first couple months my house was a mess and we didn’t always have a home cooked meal, but our baby was happy and getting the sleep she needed. Also, have you tried putting her in the Rock N Play when she sleeps? A lot of babies do well in that. 

The topic ‘7 week old won't nap…help please’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors