(Closed) 70% Invited to RSVP Yes Rule – Winter Wedding

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: Off season wedding (Oct-Apr) and the 70% rule applied to me.
    Yes - 70% rule applied : (11 votes)
    58 %
    No - 70% rule did not apply : (8 votes)
    42 %
  • Post # 3
    8353 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2011

We haven’t had our wedding yet, but based on our save-the-date responses, I am guessing that this rule will be accurate.

Post # 4
    913 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

Mine is in October…….

206 invited (I forgot about 6 people so it upped the list over 200)

so far:

20 NO

154 YES

32 – not heard from – due date is 09.01

If I calculated the expected RSVPs that are still unheard from, 80% will be showing up.

Post # 5
    7975 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

There are sooooo many factors that go into this! I wish it were as simple as 70% always come 🙂

I know couples who have had 98% come, and I know couples who have had 40% come. It seems to depend a lot on 1. how selective you are with invites (especially ‘courtesy invites’), 2. how  many Out of Town guests you have, 3. where your guests are financially and in life stages (especially Out of Town guests).

We went through our whole list and guessed for everyone – labeled them high, mid, low for likelihood. We’re assuming about 1/2 the mids will come, although we’re not sure which half, haha.

Post # 6
    160 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

69.56%, to be exact 🙂  October wedding.

Post # 7
    411 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

Based on our save-the-dates, we actually haven’t had anyone tell us they won’t be able to make it. We’re looking at a near 100% yes rate – thankfully our hall holds plenty.We’re looking at around 230 guests!

A big factor for me is that I’m the first to get married in 10 years – everyone’s itching to have fun at a wedding. It’ll be crazy!

Post # 8
    3762 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

We were about 75% for our June wedding.  We had a lot of family from up north that couldn’t make the trip down though and a couple random couples from around the state that couldn’t come. 

Post # 10
    722 posts
    Busy bee

We are having our reception in October and it looks like we will be over 90% for  275 guests. I am pretty surprised. Even Out of Town guests I didn’t think would be able to make it are coming. Should be fun!

Post # 11
    1220 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

We had a January wedding and hit right around 50% yes rate.

Post # 12
    9053 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

We invited 127 people, 90 (70.1%) RSVP’d yes.  81 actually showed up on the day.

Post # 13
    570 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2009

70.6%!  286 invited, 202 attended.  🙂

Post # 14
    3344 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Ours was about 45% for an August wedding.  Most of our guests were from out of town.

Post # 15
    626 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

For Sept wedding we invited 63 and58 are coming. So ~92%

Post # 16
    739 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2009

I think a lot of it has to do with where the majority of your guest list lives.  A large portion of our guest list was from the other side of the country.  We had a higher decline rate because of our Out of Town guests.

The topic ‘70% Invited to RSVP Yes Rule – Winter Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors