(Closed) $70 Jcrew Wedding Dress!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Thanks!!  This happens to be the dress my Mother-In-Law is trying to wear (yes, in color white) … love jcrew, but damn you for making this dress!!!!!!! lol

Post # 5
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I actually bought this dress in the shorter version to wear as a second dress at my reception, when it’s time to bust a move on the dance floor.  It’s gorgeous and very flattering for busty, curvy girls like myself.

Post # 6
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2010

And, actually, I liked the dress (short version) so much, and it was so cheap, I bought it in a salmon color to wear to another wedding this summer – see the picture below!

[attachment=1453165,184304]

Post # 8
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@deebs: Yeah, I’m just wondering if the ending to this wedding will be the same in “monster-in-law”  lol  Probably not.  lol

Post # 9
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

That’s seriously tempting…  and @lawsome: , thanks for the photo! Glad to see it works on someone more curvy than the average J. Crew model. 🙂

Post # 10
699 posts
Busy bee

So with the promo code JCREW, this actually comes out to $48.99, or around $60 with shipping included!  I decided to pull the trigger and have ordered one size up as I’m on the busty side, figuring I can always get it altered down if necessary.  Fingers crossed!

Post # 11
699 posts
Busy bee

@deebs:  Thanks so much for posting this!  The dress has arrived and I think it’s a strong contender.  Mom’s verdict is that I just need to lose 8-10 lbs and get some better underwear to go with it, and I think she may be right (she’s Mom, she always is…). Still plenty of time until the wedding, so I’ll try it on again in a few months and see how I’m feeling about it then and decide if I need to go shopping again.

FYI for anyone else who may be interested in this, I’m a Dirty Delete and am very glad I ordered it a size up from my normal dress size.  It still doesn’t hang quite right in the back (ie, not as low as it does on the model) as my chest pulls the fabric forward a bit and thus brings the back up.  Again, this may be solved simply by getting a better bra, but coming down off the top of my weight range (I go up and down 10 lbs) wouldn’t hurt either.

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Soooo, I saw this post last week after searching everywhere for a Carolyn Bessette look-a-like gown and decided to take the plunge and order it. Seeing how it was only $70, i figured if it didn’t work for my wedding I could always wear somewhere else.

I had already purchased a gown for well over $2,000.00 and decided I wanted something more simple, and this is it! The quality is great, and the silk feels amazing. It’s lined and not see through at all. It flows with no cling, and has a nice soft sheen to the fabric that doesn’t really pick up in the pics.

Thanks soooo much for posting this dress! By the way, I’m a size 8 and a Dirty Delete… I noticed that in a few other posts some people were worried about fit if they weren’t a size 2. I ordered a 10 and prob should have just stuck with 8, but that no biggie.

The topic ‘$70 Jcrew Wedding Dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors