(Closed) $7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 229
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@BooRadley:  re: save up for 2 years, Hmmm… I guess those people might just try to say it in a nicer way. Don’t you think it sounds better than other statements, such as “You are so poor that you even don’t have 7K available cash in your bank account, and you want to buy a 7k dress?!”

This thread is really interesting. I sincerely hope the OP can eventually get what she wants. It’s her own wedding!! 

(I don’t think the dress fits the venue at all. I actually imagine I’d see the dress in a much more fancy/expensive venue. Again, it’s not my wedding, so who cares what I think?!) 

Post # 230
8880 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I’m not a fan of the dress, but it’s your wedding and you love it and that’s all that matters.  Since you have a while to go, I suspect the price on the dress will drop sometime next year.

I hope that the price drops and you can get your dream dress for a lower price! 🙂

Post # 231
1521 posts
Bumble bee

i luv the dress and idef hav a unique style as well im nt in LUV with it as a wedding dress. i say keep looking and keep this one noted in ur head

Post # 232
1521 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@BooRadley:  +1 its the same thing save or debt either way ur putting money towards the dress

Post # 233
3657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

View original reply
@Ringer101:  you said “I don’t think the dress fits the venue”

Agreed. The venue is nice. It IS modern (the best match with the dress IMHO) but

the venue is not sleek and contemporary as is the dress.

Now I’m gonna go off to find photos where this dress should be worn.  🙂

Post # 234
3657 posts
Sugar bee

Here’s where this dress should get married, Thorncrown chapel in Arkansas. It’s sleek and contemporary yet natural, like the dress. Hey OP I know thisis of no help, I’m just having fun. 

Post # 235
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

For 7000 that think better be sewn with REAL GOLD lol. Its def a unique dress, but IMO its not worth 7K. Id go with a replica

Post # 236
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
@FauxPas2012:  I was just at a wedding here in early November, and it was beautiful!

Post # 237
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@FauxPas2012:  Wow, the venue looks awesome! I could totally see the dress in that venue. I was actually thinking a more “urban” venue, like the picture below. (Just for fun, too!!)

Post # 238
2447 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@FauxPas2012:  Love that venue, beautiful juxaposition of the modern sleek lines against the forest backdrop.

Post # 239
3657 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@DomesticDiva:  No kidding! That’s amazing.

Post # 240
3657 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Ringer101:  Your place is fine for the reception, looks good!

Post # 241
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

this dress is amazing, I love everything about it!

Post # 242
3657 posts
Sugar bee

I saw this dress featured in a full page add in Brides Dec 2012 issue today and thought of this thread. The OP looked as good as the model in it.

Post # 243
350 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I think $7k is a lot for a dress, but if you have the desposable income then go for it. If you don’t have money like that, pass it up. I promise you, there are amazingly beautiful dresses for less! (:

The topic ‘$7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors