(Closed) $7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 244
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Diplomat Country Club

Hum my dad always say “taste and colors are never disputed” meaning everyone has their own taste if its the dress you love i say go for it and rock it , it’s your day 🙂

Post # 245
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I think the dress has a huge price tag, BUT the dress itself is gorgeous and very unique. Unique gowns cost more, and are made in limited quantities. I totally understand the feel of wanting to stand out, it took me a long time to hunt down my dress. To me all I see in shops, is same and boring, either a ball gown made of tafetta or lace a line…….but thats what people tend to like. if you show something out of ordinary, you get negative reviews. I say own it and do not look like 99% of brides, stand out girl!

Post # 246
26 posts
Newbee

I would buy it if it had resale value and you could bring the price down to $5K.  Personally $5K is the max I would pay on any dress.  Even still, I would feel nervous wearing a $5K dress!  If I spilled something on it I would be uber mad.

Post # 247
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I think someone already said that, but for a lower price tag and very similar styles look at designers Sue Wong and Tadashi.

Post # 248
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@JacksHammerPow:  LOVE LOVE the dress…you look absolutely FAB and CHIC!  Go for it.  I personally would rather look fab on my wedding day then pay for a couple extra distance friends/family to eat and drink that I dont really care about! At the end of the day, the wedding is about YOU and your fiance NOT the random people in attendance.  If you can afford 7K go for the dress you love! 

Post # 249
1980 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

What did the OP decide to do? We need an update!

Post # 250
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

girl i hate to say it but that dress is wearing YOU. but it is unique. and i like it. but that’s a lot of $$$

The topic ‘$7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors