(Closed) $7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
1561 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@JacksHammerPow:  hey if your Fiance is on board, why not? Wink

Post # 33
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

If it’s your dream dress and you can afford it, then get it. It looks nice on you. But please wear a slip. I am pretty sure I can see your knickers in that last pic 😀

Post # 34
1853 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

With that kind of dress, I’d think people would only wear it for the ceremony and pictures and change into a reception dress. It looks like it would be a pain to bustle!

This means a preowned would be in pretty good condition!

Post # 35
2424 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@ltcolumbo:  Agree with this. Dresses do no decrease in price, they just get discontinued. My Pronovias dress was from the 2009 line, and even though I bought it new in 2011, it was no cheaper.

Post # 36
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

I personally wouldn’t be able to justify spending $7000 on a dress. I’m having trouble with the $1200 dress (after alterations) that I want! ): My Fiance is the same way, though… “If you can’t find enough money in the budget, I’ll help you get that dress… the dress should be the one thing you love.” ENABLERS!!!!

Post # 37
3696 posts
Sugar bee

I’m willing to par down the guest list to make it happen.

This concerns me. Everyone has the right to make their own wedding choices, but I think it’s a red flag when a thing becomes more important than people.

Post # 38
1341 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@JacksHammerPow:  Can you afford it?  And like my grandmother always says, “does it sing to you”?  If so, do it.  

Post # 39
15042 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you’re set on it who cares what other people say.  Just tell them to mind their own flipping busniess unlesss they want to help pay for it!  Personally though, I could never drop 7k on a dress, especially if I had to take 2 years to save up for it.

Post # 40
5009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

Honestly, I don’t like the dress. I’m sorry, but given the price I’d rather be honest before you buy it than hold my tongue once it’s bought.

It’s the sort of dress that wears you unless you’re the sort of person who always dresses in an outlandish, high fashion manner.

Post # 41
899 posts
Busy bee

It’s not worth $7000. It’s okay, but it doesn’t flatter you. I think 7k is crazy to spend, but I think it would be a huge waste on that dress in particular. Keep looking.

Post # 43
926 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Hmm..not what I was expecting a $7000 dress to look like! Maybe you should keep looking, maybe you will fall in love with a more affordable dress? lol

Post # 44
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Brazil Room

I don’t know… Sue Wong makes a lot of dresses with feathers that are truly “look at me” personality dresses. And most of them are under $1000. I think you could accessorize and alter to make them “yours” and not break the break and also not compromise your style.

Post # 45
3680 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m so, so sorry, and I’m honestly not trying to be snarky or to rag on you, but that dress is not worth $7k. You’re beautiful, with a great figure, and that dress is really unflattering. I definitely wouldn’t base my budget around it.

Post # 46
6261 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

View original reply
@JacksHammerPow:  If you have to have it, where are you from?

Pronovias Flagship in NYC has Manuel Mota trunk shows sometimes (they had one a couple weeks ago) and they offer a discount if you go during the trunk show. Other salons may have them too, you have plenty of time to look around. Even if a salon doesn’t carry the dress, they can order it.

Look around, because I doubt you’ll find this dress preowned (it’s worth a look, but unlikely IMO)

The topic ‘$7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors