(Closed) $7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 92
4014 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Pass!

Post # 93
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think if you love it and can afford it go for it!!! I had a client that spent $8000 on her dress and cut 75 people off her guest list to do so…. She has no regrets… I personally could never spend that much but who am I to tell you you’re wrong for doing so. Good luck with your decision =) 

Post # 94
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think if you have to save up for 2 years for it, you can’t afford it.  But that is just my personal opinion.  I personally am not made of money so a 7K dress just seems like a huge waste to me.  Not when I could find much better uses for that money(HELLO AWESOME HONEYMOON??).  Like others said, get your budget and guest list more in order.  You have PLENTY of time to find a dress. 

But…it’s YOUR wedding and YOUR dress.  You don’t need strangers on the internet to tell you what to do.  Do what you feel most comfortable with and what your Fiance is comfortable with. 

Post # 95
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

You like the dress, then do it. I realize that $7,000 might buy you many other things, but if it is your money – or agreed-upon-for-this-purpose money – why wouldn’t you? It’s awesome and your in love with it. I will admit that I am the kind of woman that will spend $7,000 on my dress (I’m not dripping in cash, I’ve just had a savings account set up for my dress for quite some time), and I wouldn’t second guess myself once. The only possible issue that I would have in your situation is the commitment; I fall in love with dresses far too often to pick one out two years in advance…

Post # 96
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Pass up. Look for something similar but lower price. 

Why? Well because you could have an overwater private bungalo in borabora for 10 days at that price and no dress will ever compare with that. 

Edit: If it makes you happy. Do it! But I know a trip to BoraBora would make me much more happy than any dress on earth. It’s up to what you value. 

Post # 97
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@RedAngelDreamer:  I’m going to have to agree here. I don’t like to say dresses are unflattering on Bees because personal choice is so key in your dress, but yikes hon….

I would never pay that kind of money for a dress……..but that’s me.

Invite who you want instead of paying for that, you may regret this.

Post # 98
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@BooRadley – I like you…..both your opinion and your literary reference 😉

Post # 99
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Wow I think it is a beautiful dress. I would never have picked it for myself. But it totally suits you and I can definitely see your personality shine through in the pics. It’s gorgeous. If you love it and it won’t send you broke – make it work.

Post # 100
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

i say pass. 7000 is a lot on a dress. and to be really honest that dress looks hideous on you. i think you’re a beautiful woman and you’ve got a great body. the bottom of the dress looks like a big white hairy monster/creature. again, i’m not dissing you. it’s just the dress doesn’t flatter you.

Post # 101
1038 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@bunnybunny:  the bottom of the dress looks like a big white hairy monster/creature. again, i’m not dissing you. it’s just the dress doesn’t flatter you.

I liked the description someone else made earlier about it looking like a bunch of albino muppets were killed to make the bottom of the dress, lol.  But I agree.

Post # 102
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

It might be cheaper to fly to Spain and buy it there, Pronovias prices in the US are way over the top. Call a Spanish pronovias shop and ask how much they carry it for.

Post # 103
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

@shaniqua:  thats not entriely accurate.  I did a lot of research on that because I considered it.  There is a higher demand for pronovias gowns over there then here so they charge more because they know people will pay it.  plus in addition to the exchange rate and cost of airfare it would not be worth it.

Post # 104
1900 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

To be honest, I could never drop $7,000 on a dress, and I second everyone else saying you should work out a budget first. If it turns out you only have $20,000 to spend on the wedding in total, you’ve already spent a third of your budget just on a dress! Sure, you might feel comfortable cutting out guests so you can buy your dream dress but, personally, I think the wedding should be more about family than your dress.

This is just my opinion, but I don’t think the dress suits you all that much. Is it maybe just stuck in your head because it’s so different? I know when I tried on dresses the more unique ones were the ones that would stick in my mind. Not necessarily because they were good, but because they were different.

Having said that, though, it is your wedding and your choice. There’s not much we can say to influence you!

The topic ‘$7,000 dream gown: Pay up or Pass up?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors