4311 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I heard about this!  Crazy!

Post # 4
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Living in New Zealand, it does not surprise me that quite a few people thought those were good names for their children. “Here’s my daughter, Anal Queen V” Awesome…

Post # 5
2375 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

What moron tries to name their child Anal??  Or 4Real??  Or V8??  My brain is overloading in my attempt to process the sheer amount of STUPID in this world.

Post # 6
2966 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Kandiss16:  This is very interesting!

I didn’t read all the names, but do you know why CJ is banned? Does it have some kind of connotation I am not aware of?

@Snowden: I just snorted my drink laughing at your comment lol

Post # 7
3357 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m glad they have some sort of law about naming babies. The number of utterly ridiculous names ..

Post # 9
2685 posts
Sugar bee

Wow, people really seem to like the name Justice…there’s Justice and 2 other variations of it on the list.  Also, naming somebody Anal?  Reealllyyy hoping that one is a cultural name, but somehow I doubt it.

Post # 10
Hostess
11166 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I find it horrifying that some of those “names” are actually up for consideration in the first place.

Post # 11
2253 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Treejewel19:  +1. I think it’s a form of child abuse if someone named their child one, if not, all of these names.

Post # 12
5950 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Why on earth would you not be able to name your kid Jusice?  Given the current landscape of baby names, I don’t see that as being a weird name at all (and some others on the list).

But holey moley…I’m a SUPER laissez-faire person when it comes to social politics, but there are some on there that are practically child abuse! 

Post # 13
2375 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Mimoza:  CJ is banned because they don’t allow names that are just initials.  You can socially refer to your kid as CJ if his name is Charles James or something, but you can’t just name him with initials.

@cbgg:  Because Justice is an official title.  No official titles or ranks can be used as a name. 

Post # 14
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

A lot of European countries have banned lists. Very common!

Post # 15
2269 posts
Buzzing bee

I wonder what people like Queen Latifah think of this..

Post # 16
269 posts
Helper bee

Please….u.s next!!! Hate some of these names that girls randomly make up!

The topic ‘71 baby names banned in new zealand’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors