621 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I love the name duke!

Post # 63
2959 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

One semester I had a student named Phuc Yu. Luckily Phuc is not pronounced quite the same way as it looks. I had to call the roster the first day and was temporarily flustered when I encountered his name. All I could think to do was call out “Mr. Yu?”

Post # 64
7639 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@bleusteel:  I’m guessing Anal is in fact a cultural name. e.g. Amal is a real Middle Eastern name, Anal could be a variant, or simply a mis-spelling. Still, definitely inadvisable if you’re growing up in an English speaking country.

But some of the others (e.g. V8, *, 2nd) are just plain ridiculous.

Post # 65
600 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

some of these amount to child abuse…..anal?  WTF – seriously, sign your child up for a life time of misery with that!

Post # 66
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@oneofthesethings:  I can’t speak to the German names, but in Iceland a child’s name has to reflect the gender and we don’t have any unisex names. Well, we do have one now, but that was only allowed about 2 months ago.

In Icelandic we have very complex grammatical rules, every noun is conjugated and a lot of the names that have been rejected here can’t be conjugated using the Icelandic grammatical rules. It’s one of the rules for Icelandic names being allowed.

Looking at the names that have been rejected it’s a lot of people trying to put 2 names together ie. Jamespeter except Icelandic names. There are many alternitive spellings, which I’ve seen countless people on the boards here complain about. And then there are just some weird ones: X, K, Ironside, Mean, Satan, Zeppelin, Falcon etc.

Post # 66
310 posts
Helper bee

I’m sorry to necro this thread after so long, but my mom LITERALLY just texted me five minutes ago to tell me my name is banned in New Zealand.  IT’S THE NUMBER ONE BANNED NAME, BABY!!!!

Post # 67
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
Kandiss16:  lol @ “Mafia No Fear”. What the hell?!

The topic ‘71 baby names banned in new zealand’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors