Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I love that idea!  We’re going more traditional/classical (string quartet):

"Spring" from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons

and Handel’s "Hornpipe" from the Water Music Suite

Post # 4
2680 posts
Sugar bee

We walked down the aisle to "Build Me Up Buttercup"  We had a few songs that are incorporated with the Angels baseball team and wanted to use them in our reception.  Build Me Up Buttercup is a song that is played during the 7th inning stretch after Take Me Out to the Ballgame and Darling Husband and I always put our arms around each other and sing it to each other ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2010

My recessional will be "You’re All I Need To Get By: by Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell. It is cute, short and perfect for a wedding.

Post # 6
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

we recessed to an instrumental version of Viva La Vida.  I had my wedding in a church with a string twio, but it still sounded SO cool without being too casual.

Post # 7
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

We will walk out to ‘Two of Us’ by the Beatles!

Post # 8
200 posts
Helper bee

We’re having a couple of friends perform "I second that emotion"

So cute!

Post # 9
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I am using My Sweet Love by John Mellencamp.

Post # 10
3331 posts
Sugar bee

We used Allegro Maestoso from Water Music Suite 2 by Handel.  We wanted to use the University of Michigan fight song, but we decided to save it for our Grand Intro. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Oh my goodness! I haven’t even thought about what recessional song we’re going to use!

Post # 12
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

We are using Barry Louis Polisar "All I Want Is You" Poeple recognize it now because it was used in the movie Juno.

Post # 13
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

We had an acoustic guitar/instrumental version of Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles.

It’s so funny… we think about all these songs and I remember hearing just one snippet of my processional (acoustic version of Bridge Over Troubled Waters) and just a snippet of the recessional… oh well! 

Post # 14
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Cool idea. =) We’re using Pachelbel’s Canon in D for our recessional.

The topic ‘7/17/09: Music Idea of the Day: Recessional Song’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors