.72 vs .85 carat visual difference?

posted 8 months ago in Engagement
Post # 16
343 posts
Helper bee

Can you link the stones? Or their certificates?

We can help and tell you which is best.

In terms of size, there is a definite visual difference between a .85/.86 ct anda .71/.72 ct stone. The smaller stone might just be a nicer stone, depending on the other specs. 

Post # 18
343 posts
Helper bee

Then visually, the .86 will appear larger than the .71. It’ll be noticable. I have a .83 ct but had tried on .7 ct. He surprised me with the larger size and I’m thrilled. It looks big to me. 

Post # 19
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

mdom7 :  hello there , my answer is yes you will see a difference , also an F color is unnecessary if you’re choosing a round stone you can probably get a G-H color that’s a .85 with same clarity for hundreds less. Rounds hide color very well so take advantage of this if you would like. 

Post # 20
26 posts
Newbee

Mine is a .76 D IF excellent cut oval from Adiamor. It seems larger to me than what it is, so I’m not sure there would be much of a difference. I think this depends on the stats.

Post # 21
3783 posts
Honey bee

The cut of the stone can make it appear larger. Are these GIA xxx stones? If not, what lab graded them? Who is grading them as “super-ideal”?

I’m sorry, you sound a bit naive and I hate it when people take advantage of that.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors