(Closed) 7/27/09 Music Idea of the Day: First Dance Song

posted 9 years ago in Music
Post # 3
11 posts
Newbee

We haven’t decided just yet, but I am hoping for Lucky or I’m Yours by Jason Mraz!~

Post # 4
200 posts
Helper bee

We decided about a month after we met/started dating (nearly 10 years ago) that if we ever got married we would dance to "Fly me to the Moon." He’s holding me to it!

Post # 5
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We haven’t absolutely said for sure, but we are leaning towards “Green Eyes” by Coldplay. I have green eyes and my Fiance is the one who chased me a bit, so its fitting. Our song, what we both feel is our song, is not exactly appropriate for a wedding, unfortunately.

We decided on Green Eyes while going through all our music for the playlist. We were both like, duh!

Post # 6
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Our first dance is to Van Morrison’s “Into the Mystic.”  “Our” song has always been “Echo” by Trapt but that doesn’t really lend itself to first dances ;o)

Post # 7
674 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

mskalinin "Green Eyes" is one of our songs too! It’s his ringtone for when I call him and when he lived on the other side of the country for a few months one morning when I was driving to school he had it requested to play on the radio.

But our official song is "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. In the very beginning of our relationship we were talking about movies we love and especially 80’s movies we love and Say Anything came up and I was so surprised we both loved the movie and it sort of became our movie too. I made him a pen holder at a pottery painting studio that said "I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen" and I got him a green pen like in the movie. And I gave him that before he moved across the country.

I know "In Your Eyes" is a semi common "our song" but it’s ours for more then the fact that it’s a love song. 🙂

Post # 8
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We don’t have an “us” song so we kicked around a million ideas (literally – it’s been tough).  Now we have it narrowed down to “Crazy little thing called love” by Queen or “can’t take my eyes off of you” by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

Post # 9
2725 posts
Sugar bee

I’m pretty sure we are going to use “So You Can Sleep At Night” by the Clarks. They are a great, relatively unknown band from Pittsburgh. I had never heard of them until I met my fiance. A year and a half later and I’m hooked.

“So You Can Sleep At Night” is such a sweet, romantic song and it fits my fiance and I perfectly.

Post # 10
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

our song is “Into The Mystic” too! It’s always been “our song” so it was an easy choice for us!

Post # 12
599 posts
Busy bee

@thecolorteale: That is such a cute story about making him that pen! I love that movie, too. My guy doesn’t know much about movies, unfortunately. He doesn’t share that passion, but I still gush about it with my sisters now and then ^__^

Post # 13
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Ours is by a band called Jets to Brazil.  They have a gorgeous song called “Sweet Avenue”

Post # 14
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We used to joke about dancing to Get Up Offa That Thing by James Brown….just for something a little different. Not sure if we’re still going to do that though!

Post # 15
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Awwww…. my parents danced to Into the Mystic at thier 25th Anniversary party.

We have a short list:

Fade Into You  by Mazzy Star (his favorite)

Pistol by Dustin Kensrue

Shiver by Coldplay

A Kiss to Build a Dream On by Louis Armstrong

We were going to do At Last, but we came up with another idea for that song. 

Post # 16
121 posts
Blushing bee

I love that Mark Cohen song!  I’ve got to find a way to incorporate it inour dancing somehow.

Our song is “To Make You Feel my Love” by Garth Brooks.  Sweetie picked it out because of the words, and it is in my favorite movie, “Hope Floats”  That part of the movie when Harry Connick dances with Sandra Bullock is my favorite part of the whole movie. < swoon >

The topic ‘7/27/09 Music Idea of the Day: First Dance Song’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors