Post # 17
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think we’re going to do “Beyond the Sea”

Post # 18
3331 posts
Sugar bee

We don’t have an official song, but we used “Crazy Love” by Van Morrison.  We were listening to a bunch of songs trying to find one and that just seemed to work.  Plus it was short and sweet–only like a minute and a half long.

Post # 19
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

We too don’t have an official song, but we are going to use When I’m With you by Tony Terry, real old school but a great song, especially the lyrics.  

Post # 20
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

At the moment we think we will be using Tangled Up In You by Staind. 

Post # 21
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We’re letting people vote on our song.

They have a choice between:

Jason Mraz: Lucky

Hello, Goodbye: Oh, it is love

Ingrid Michaelson: Can’t help falling in love. (this one is currently winning)

but we love michael buble’s: everything

and our song is esthero’s: everyday is a holiday (hehe, we’re cheesers)

Post # 22
336 posts
Helper bee

I wish I knew what we’re going to use!

Post # 23
179 posts
Blushing bee

So, I’m into dark, kinda morbid love songs that end up being rather tragic. And he is into thrash metal. We plan to skip the whole “first dance” nonsense altogether since we both hate being the center of attention, hate mainstream music and can’t dance to save our lives.

If we were dancing to something, I don’t even know what it would be… We tried to come up with a few songs and there really was nothing we both liked.

Voltaire’s cover of the Cure’s ‘Lovesong” is “our song” but it’s too fast for a slow dance. And if we tried to learn anything beyond your basic junior high dance type slow dance, one of us would get injured lol.

The topic ‘7/27/09 Music Idea of the Day: First Dance Song’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors