(Closed) 7/27/13 Bride–Panic is starting to set in

posted 4 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Ours just went out a week ago and I was starting to freak out about it being too late, but my partner actually thought we sent them out early according to all the planning timelines she was looking at.  We sent out save the dates just after New Years though, so people had plenty of time for making travel plans.  I’ve received invites for weddings anywhere from 4 months ahead of time to the month of the wedding, and I’ve never really had an opinion about getting an invite from someone too early or too late.  Do you have a big guest list?  Do people already know when (and where) your wedding is?  What about your timing for RSVP’s?  We wanted our RSVPs in pretty early-mid June-because we’re getting married out of state and had planned on traveling for the two weeks prior to the wedding, so we wanted to make sure everything was finalized before we left.

I think as long as you give people enough time to RSVP before you need to have a final headcount (and make sure to allow a few extra days for them to make their way to everyone in the mail and for the RSVPs to come back to you if they’ll be mailed also), then you will be fine. 🙂

Post # 4
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I hope all your guests live in your city?

Post # 5
146 posts
Blushing bee

Girl, you better get your butt moving! lol

My date is 7/27 and I plan to send them out the first week in May. The exact date, I’m not sure. My RSVPs are due back July 1st. ( I wanted to give it enough time before my two weeks before the date-date is to give to the vendors)

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee

[Comment moderated for trolling]

Post # 8
3402 posts
Sugar bee

@KelannaDC:  I think as long as you get them sent out within the week you should be fine.

I initially planned to send out my invites at the very tail end of May, but my caterer and reception venue is requiring a guest count by July 9th, & I wanted to give myself ample time so I sent them out on May 14th.

I actually had my invitations laying around for about 2-3 months before sending them because I got my invites for free. They weren’t the prettiest things to look at, and they didn’t match our theme at all, but they got the job done.

I’m getting stressed about other things though, like making our Ipod wedding playlist, and picking out the groom & groomsmen shirts and ties, and finalizing our ceremony wording.

Post # 9
855 posts
Busy bee

Ahhh I’d be freaking out! Our rsvp’s are due by June 1st! I’m getting married two weeks before you though 🙂

Post # 10
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Anaheim Hills Golf Course

Get on it girl!! My wedding is until august and I have already sent out my invites, have gotten rsvp back, and have begun my seating chart! 

Post # 12
107 posts
Blushing bee

We’re date twins! Can’t wait for July 27th!!!

Post # 13
107 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve also nearly finished getting my RSVPS back – early, but it is because half the guest list is coming to Canada from Mexico, and they needed the invitations and travel info to apply for their visitors’ visas. 

Post # 14
25 posts
Newbee

I think it’s time for a back-up plan, and setting it in motion ASAP!  If the package is in fact damaged or missing (it could still myteriously show up fine in my experience with FedEx), they should offer some sort of insurance on it’s value. I know that doesn’t replace the invites you loved, but should soften the financial blow of getting new invites a bit.  I think if I were in this position now, I’d go with a nice e-vite.  Maybe check out Paperless Post of Glo invites.  Or even just email out a pdf or jpg of your original design if possible.  And you can do online RSVP’s through several sites, we’re using weddingwire for ours and it’s been working out pretty great and pretty simple to set up. 

Post # 15
190 posts
Blushing bee

I just sent mine out on May 29th and hope to get them back by June 30th.  I already have 7 back and it hasn’t been a week yet.  

Post # 16
840 posts
Busy bee

@KelannaDC:  gah! Did they find it???

The topic ‘7/27/13 Bride–Panic is starting to set in’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors