(Closed) 7/28/09 Music Idea of the Day: Processional Song

posted 9 years ago in Music
Post # 3
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I do love Pachelbel’s Canon in D but unfortunately its been played so much. Another is the Vitamin String’s version of “Never Think” from the Twilight sdtk. Not completely decided on either.

Post # 4
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Lorienne, I love all of your music ideas. It has really inspired me. This last one is one of my favorite songs of all time. But unfortunately, I am limited in the Catholic church. I may just do Pachelbel’s Canon in D…

Do you have any ideas for a Catholic bride with a stuffy church organist?

Post # 5
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@GaBGal: We’re using Canon in D as a recessional song — to get around the “it’s been done so much”, we’re going to use a non-piano version. There’s an album on iTunes called “10 Ways of Canon in D” (or something like that) and they have acoustic guitar, bells, violins, harps, everything! =)

My processional song is going to be ‘River Flows in You’ by Yiruma…but I’m not sure what else we’ll use for processional music (for everyone else, I mean). I really really love ‘Rose’ from the Titanic soundtrack (or the Titanic theme), but they sound really feminine to me, and we’re having a modified Jewish processional where all the men proceed up the aisle as well as the women.

Post # 6
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Here are the two songs I used (I downloaded each MP3 off Amazon for $0.99 Each:

Wedding Party Processional:
Butterfly Waltz (Piano & Cello) by Brian Crain
http://www.amazon.com/Butterfly-Waltz-Piano-and-Cello/dp/B001AUGRPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250023457&sr=8-1

Bridal Processional:
Bach Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major Played by Yo-Yo Ma
http://www.amazon.com/Unaccompanied-Cello-Suite-Pr%C3%A9lude-Instrumental/dp/B00137XFSS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1250023597&sr=8-4

Both are instrumental, the first is more modern (I think) and both so beautiful.

The topic ‘7/28/09 Music Idea of the Day: Processional Song’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors