(Closed) 73 days out, No BM dresses. When do I say something?

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would say something now. My girls just got fitted last week. One of the girls picked a dress that won’t be ready until September 10th — and will still need to be altered. We’re cutting it close, and your wedding is a couple of weeks after mine.

I would send an e-mail and set up a date for all of you to go together (that are at least in the same area). Let them know if they can’t make time for this, then you need to know so you can make other options.

That’s just ridiculous.

ETA: Are these people your friends? Do they live in your area? They didn’t come to your engagement party? Do you have friends that have helped you with your wedding planning and ideas? If so, I’d kick the other girls out and bring new girls in. Your current bridal party just doesn’t seem to be cutting it to me. I wouldn’t want them standing up with me on my wedding day when they don’t give a rats ass about anything else.

Post # 4
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I started bugging my last girls at around 60 days, one had bought her dress 6 months out, another at 90 and the last around day 40. I was freaking out a bit but thankfully she’s a fairly typical build for her size so she found a cute dress that fit perfectly that didn’t need alterations (as far as I can tell, I won’t see it on her until 2 days before the wedding)

Since none have picked out a dress, I would start pestering them now. And not just by email, I would use phone and facebook (if they check that more often).

Post # 6
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I would mention something for sure. I have 2 bm’s that haven’t gotten fitted yet and I am getting my dresses from David’s too, and my wedding is a week after yours. I’m kind of frusturated because one won’t answer me at all, so I don’t know what’s going on with them. I would say to your bm’s “if you haven’t gotten your dress, please do so asap becuase the wedding is in xx days, and it takes time for shipping, and then if you need alterations on top of that.” Be nice, but also be firm about it. It’s crazy to have to re-work your wedding party if they didn’t get their dresses. Good luck!

Post # 8
491 posts
Helper bee

@Mrs.ChubbyBunny: I compeletely understand where you’re coming from. THEN, take a tape measure, go visit them all then go buy their damn dresses or completely cut them from the wedding. Screw that Shit.

Post # 9
491 posts
Helper bee

Don’t let them be in your wedding. I would rather stand alone in my wedding, than have some flaky sketch ass people up ther.e

Post # 10
491 posts
Helper bee

BUT — ultimately, it’s your decision. I’m definitely in bitch mode today, so I’m showing no mercy for fools or idiots. That’s not your fault, I shouldn’t be trying to tell you what to do! lol

Post # 12
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Yes!  My girls dresses too 4 months and not one of them fit once they got them.  We had all 3 still being let out and adjusted 3 days before the wedding.  

Post # 14
624 posts
Busy bee

@Mrs.ChubbyBunny: Sorry to hear that, you sound like a really nice person, and it sounds like you’ve given them a reasonable amount of time to get the dresses and the option to back out if they wanted. 

@Summy00: “Grab a tape measure and go buy them dresses” ha! that’s so funny but it’s not a bad idea at this point!

Post # 15
376 posts
Helper bee

I still have some girls who don’t have dresses, and we’re 87 days out! I feel your fear! 

ETA: On the plus side, my Bridesmaid or Best Man who ordered her dress first (online) received it in three days, so try not to stress too much! 🙂

The topic ‘73 days out, No BM dresses. When do I say something?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors