(Closed) 7:30pm Friday rehearsal (I know, I know), should we bother having a 9pm dinner?

posted 7 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
2701 posts
Sugar bee

I think a late dinner would still be ok. I would still eat and enjoy myself at a 9pm dinner.

Post # 4
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

@Aubergold:  I think if you are requiring people to attend a rehearsal, then yes, you need to provide them with some sort of meal.  You could just do something really casual like head to a pizza place, or go to a bar and cover heavy apps for everyone to munch on.

Post # 5
4485 posts
Honey bee

7:30 for many people is dinnertime and it is courteous to feed them. Can you at least spring for pizza afterward? It doesn’t have to be fancy and most are very casual.

Post # 7
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

What about doing a dinner and then going to the rehearsal?  That way people won’t have to be out so late the night before the wedding

Post # 8
4485 posts
Honey bee

9pm is not too late. Yeah, not everyone eats that late on a daily basis but they can make an exception for this event.

Post # 9
2742 posts
Sugar bee

Rehearsal dinner? When are you going to do your traditional? You want people to come after your mother right? Okay oh. American child Innocent

Post # 12
2742 posts
Sugar bee

Grrr, in that case, and knowing how our folks can be, honestly, I don’t believe it will start at 7:30pm. Mine did, but only because it was JUST the bridal party. And it was only 6 of them. Plus us, the DOC and the officiant, we were able to knock it out in no time. However, with a sibling, it took FOREVER. Folks were late etc etc. I’d do dinner before then rehearse afterwards.

Post # 13
46402 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Is there someone who could act as hostess in your absence so you could serve a few apps at the rehearsal site, so the bridal party doesn’t starve while they wait for dinner?

After you join them and have the rehearsal, you could then carry on to wherever you want to be and have the rest of your rehearsal dinner.

I really think it would be impolite to make people wait until 9 pm to eat anything.

Post # 15
2790 posts
Sugar bee

@Aubergold: Where is your ceremony taking place? Is there somewhere really close that could make your dinner while you rehearse so that people can just sit down and eat instead of mingling while the food is prepared?

ETA: What time does everyone in your wedding party get off of work? Would 6pm on a Thursday be late enough for everyone to make it without having to take off of work?

The topic ‘7:30pm Friday rehearsal (I know, I know), should we bother having a 9pm dinner?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors