Yes - and hell no to trying it!

No - but I would love to try it!

No - but I would consider trying it!

No - and hell no to trying it!

• Post # 2
    10456 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2016

I’ve heard of it. I haven’t done it. It doesn’t fit great with my current fitness plan (training for a half marathon). But is something I would consider doing in the future. 

It sounds like a lot but the workouts don’t have to be high intensity. So you could do a 45 minute run in the morning and a yoga session at night.

I do a lot of it anyway so it wouldn’t be a major change to my lifestyle. I think it would be overwhelming for me to have attempted back when I was a total couch potato and never really did any of this stuff though.

Post # 3
    7462 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 1997

Ha, Dh was just talking about this. He isn’t going all in – I don’t think he does the reading, and he occasionally cheats and he doesn’t take photos. But he’s lost over 15 lbs so far. He’s going lower carb, but not full keto.

Post # 4
    8008 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I follow someone on insta who did it and had great results. I don’t think I could commit to 2x 45m workouts a day though, especially outdoors! 

Post # 5
    7462 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 1997

It was the workout part that Dh went all-in on. However, given his fitness level and age, that mostly means walking for him. A “workout” can mean anything from walking to biking to running to tennis or volleyball, depending on one’s fitness level. He and his coworkers have a walking challenge going, so each of them posts screen-shots of their total steps each day. Dh gets up early to walk and walks more after dinner; he is averaging about 20K steps a day – sometimes more. The ideal time to do something like this would be summer, though, because I can’t imagine outdoor workouts when the temperatures get well below freezing!

Post # 10
    839 posts
    Busy bee

As a person who does research for a living, and so is a fan of non-fiction reading as a rule, I don’t understand the connection. Why is reading ten pages of fluffy non fiction better than reading high quality fiction?

Post # 11
    385 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2021

Hmm does reading weddingbee for ten minutes count as nonfiction? Lol 

This just wouldn’t fit into my life. I could maybe see it if you really want to kick start a change AND are quarantined, but I’m still working so asking for and hour and a half DAILY of exercise, plus the homework, plus giving up certain foods and alcohol for an entire season…I feel Like the benefits wouldn’t be worth the losses. 

Post # 12
    7590 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

I think this could actually negatively affect some people’s mental health during the pandemic tbh. I would assume the feeling of guilt over not doing something every single day would eat at many people. It just seems like A LOT at once and I generally am a fan of changing habits slowly and one at a time.

I work out an hour most days, like 6 out of 7 and eat healthy most of the time, like 5.5 out of 7. I guess I also drink a gallon of water per day and read (mix of fiction and non fiction as I read for enjoyment). However, had I tried to implement all of these things at the same time and with no breaks… idk. I don’t think the pride would be worth it. But I’m sure there are others who thrive on something like this, good luck bee!

ETA: I’m not saying not to try and I’m not saying it can’t be done. I’m just saying you should make sure it isn’t having a negative mental effect.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors