(Closed) 79 days to go…the ups and downs.

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
Hostess
23620 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@katie1494:  You know what really helped for me? Taking breaks from all of it.  Whether it’s a weekend trip somewhere, or just closing your door to all things wedding/work/life, sometimes you just need to say “I am going to do nothing this week(end).”  At the end of the day, we all need to take time outs. πŸ™‚

At the 79 day mark, it’s a pretty good time to take a breather from wedding planning. I say, take a little time off from it, and let yourself do something you enjoy doing!  As you get closer and closer to wedding day, time off will be harder to find. Hope this helps!

Post # 4
1846 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hi there, wow our dates really are coming up fast aren’t they?

Im not super stressed because I try to stay pretty organized, and I also make sure the wedding planning doesn’t take over my life.

What is it exactly that you’re stressed about? Do you still have stuff left to do? It might help if you just quickly jot down a timeline for when you need certain things done by, and make sure to ask your Fiance and parents (if possible) for help. 

My Fiance and I only really talk about the wedding once a week, although I’m sure it’ll be more as the day gets closer. This way it’s not ALL we talk about, and we have other priorities in our life. Although ill admit, we talk about our honeymoon much more frequently :). 

Post # 5
2295 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m 15 days out, so I’ve just recently been in that  2 – 3 month out stage.

1) Make a list of everything you need to do – I like digital so I can keep adding as I think of stuff and it is always with me. Tackle them one by one. DON’T look at the big picture and freak out. For example, one thing on my list was “tie the bow for across the aisle.” Really simple stuff that you feel a good sense of accomplishment when it is done.

2) Take some time away from wedding planning. I know, everyone says this and it seems impossible. I moved mid-planning and it gave me a solid 6 weeks of not thinking about anything wedding.

3) Get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water.

4) Designate a certain time you’ll deal with stuff on your calendar and then let it go until then. Don’t fret about fittings except when you are actually at the fitting. Need to go over timelines with your vendors? Mark out one day that you are going to set up appointments with them all and leave all those details until then (mine is actually tomorrow!). Chunk it down into when you’ll deal with stuff, not just what you have to deal with.

Post # 8
Hostess
23620 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@katie1494:  Girl, I planned our wedding on my own, and Darling Husband and I were purchasing our first house while planning the wedding.  There were a ton of tears and arguments, and, let me tell you, planning and wedding and buying a house were what we call our version of “pre marital counseling”. πŸ˜›  It was tough!  Those breaks were really important for us!

Post # 9
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

BREATHE!!! Take time out for yourself. Know that all your hard work will pay off. I like making lists. That REALLY helped me. Prioritize everything. Good luck πŸ™‚

The topic ‘79 days to go…the ups and downs.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors