(Closed) 8-11-12 Brides Attempting to lose weight??

posted 7 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We are getting married the 4th of next August… I’ve been on Weight Watchers for the last 2 months and I’ve lost 15 pounds… I’m at a plateau right now, which sucks but I really believe it works. I was on it before and lost 30 pounds. I have 3 jobs, although no kids, and am tired by the end of the day too and have very little time to myself let alone motivation to work out. What I realized when I first restarted Weight Watchers is portions are a BIG thing in losing weight. I do a lot of light streching and stuff around the house when I can and walk around town with my girlfriend who is getting married 3 weeks before my fiance and I are and she has a toddler also. I don’t know if that helps at all but just stay positive and keep focused and motivated, that helps too. GOOD LUCK!

Post # 4
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am.

Goal: Lose 25lbs

Game Plan: Eat better & portion control, exercise a little daily, drink lots of water, regulate sleep

Post # 6
786 posts
Busy bee

I am trying to loose weight, but its a love/hate thing..  I am adjusting my eating habits by eating smaller portions, several times a day..  I was on the Isagenix 30 day program a couple months ago and lost 10 pounds..  I am doing a 9 day cleanse right now since I was bad over the last month and ate a bunch of unhealthy food and snacks.

I have such a sweet tooth..  I love the taste of food honestly so its hard for me to cut out some things.  But I have to actually dedicate myself to not having as much pop and juice..  I am drinking a lot more water though now I have a big jug next to me at my desk now.

I try to work out 3 times a week and go to a personal trainer once every two weeks..  Usually I do kickboxing as my main workout but I am going to do a boot camp class in the fall..  Sometimes I am slacking and miss a workout..  Need motivation to not get back into my old habits..

1 year to go!!

Post # 7
134 posts
Blushing bee

ONE year to go!!  I’m totally going to use this to as a tool to keep me stay on track & held accountable.  

omg I have a huge sweet tooth too!  I find that if I don’t have my fix, I will dessert binge – cookies, ice cream, & candy bars at once.  SO BAD!  I’m good w/ controlling it as long as I have something sweet almost daily, i.e. ONE piece of SMALL chocolate or a few pieces of mike & ikes.  Fortunately I can control how many I eat.  I have to hides these from Fiance b/c he has NO self control. 

I also bought a large waterbottle and find it helps me drink more water too. 

I do simple changes to, i.e. take the stairs, park further away, go for a walk on lunch break/class breaks.  I’ll do random stuff too to fit things in during the day; before I take a shower I do tricep dips on the tub.  If I watch TV, I’ll do lunges, leg lifts, sit ups, weights, jumping jacks, etc.  2:1!  Also, I’m going to try to bike to school a few times a week.  (quit my job a few months ago to go back to school)

I find the gym, i.e. treadmill & elliptical, nauseating.  I literally feel like a mouse in a cage… but I love fitness classes, i.e. kickboxing, and old-school aerobics, taking dogs for jog outside/at beach, etc.  It has to be something fun.  

Post # 8
134 posts
Blushing bee

ONE year to go!!  I’m totally going to use this to as a tool to keep me stay on track & held accountable.  

omg I have a huge sweet tooth too!  I find that if I don’t have my fix, I will dessert binge – cookies, ice cream, & candy bars at once.  SO BAD!  I’m good w/ controlling it as long as I have something sweet almost daily, i.e. ONE piece of SMALL chocolate or a few pieces of mike & ikes.  Fortunately I can control how many I eat.  I have to hides these from Fiance b/c he has NO self control. 

I also bought a large waterbottle and find it helps me drink more water too. 

I do simple changes to, i.e. take the stairs, park further away, go for a walk on lunch break/class breaks.  I’ll do random stuff too to fit things in during the day; before I take a shower I do tricep dips on the tub.  If I watch TV, I’ll do lunges, leg lifts, sit ups, weights, jumping jacks, etc.  2:1!  Also, I’m going to try to bike to school a few times a week.  (quit my job a few months ago to go back to school)

I find the gym, i.e. treadmill & elliptical, nauseating.  I literally feel like a mouse in a cage… but I love fitness classes, i.e. kickboxing, and old-school aerobics, taking dogs for jog outside/at beach, etc.  It has to be something fun.  

Post # 9
383 posts
Helper bee

YAYY! I’m trying to lose 20 lbs by my wedding day! Well actually I wanna lose 15 by December to go wedding dress shopping b/c its frustrating not being able to fit any sample sizes AARGH! But I’m 5’10” and i weigh 190 I want to be an even 170 by my wedding date!! I am currently in a boot camp class and I plan on just doing portion control. I am OBSESSEDDDDDDDD with candy…so that is my main down fall….GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Post # 10
786 posts
Busy bee

@HisWifey2012:  Hey we are in the exact same situation!  I’m 5’10” and was actually at 201 pounds a couple months ago, the heaviest I’ve ever been ๐Ÿ™

But I started eating better and exercising and now I finally broke the barrier and am down to 187 now..  I’m happy ๐Ÿ™‚  I would like to get down to 170ish too but I know it will be difficult.  I was at 180 for the longest time and went up when I stopped exercising and eating crap. 

But when I went wedding dress shopping they had quite a few “plus sized” sample sizes to try on (since I am a street size 14)..  It went quite well and found corsets are the way to go since it pulls everything in tight and gives you curves.  (Plus its forgiving if you gain or loose weight later).  But I am doing boot camp again too and watching my calorie intake.

Good luck!!

Post # 11
383 posts
Helper bee

@Silverblade: Hey hun!! Good luck to you with all that!! I started at 198 so I DEF understand! I was just like wait a minute how did this happen, lol! But yeah I agree with the corset back! I am kind of hippy and heavy chested so I need something that will eliminate as MUCH fat around the waist as humanly possible, lol!

Post # 12
1934 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m trying REALLY hard to lose 10-15 pounds.  I’m not so worried about how much I weigh as much as being concerned with how I feel and how toned I am (or am NOT, as the case may be)….

I’m using myfitnesspal.com to journal all my food and exercise.  I do pilates 3 days a week, couch to 5k 3x a week, and 30 day shred 1-2 days a week.  I’ve been doing this religiously for 3 weeks now and have lost about 2 pounds.  Ugh…it’s so hard!

Post # 13
786 posts
Busy bee

I’m using loseit.com to track my calories and I find it really helps..  Just gives me a perspective of what happens when I eat something I shouldn’t have..  And be like oops look what happened haha.  I have had my fair share of bad days.. Like tonight I had a bunch of yummy all you can eat sushi.  Time to go for a run tomorrow..  It has worked a little but not very drastic..  Since I am trying to loose a pound a week on that program..

Any bit counts!

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi all!  I am getting married on August 4th, 2012 ๐Ÿ™‚  I signed up to run my first full marathon, so that will be my motivation to stay in shape!  I just ran 12 miles this morning.  I am still trying to lose that last 10 pounds….

Post # 15
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I have 2 kids too and understand the lack of motivation I just cut soda out of my diet and lost 3 pounds I was shocked! just doing little things can make diffence and I still need to loose another 47 to be at goal wedding weight but Im already down 13 YAY!

The topic ‘8-11-12 Brides Attempting to lose weight??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors