8.18.18 – Where\'s my August 18th Wedding Day twins at?

posted 4 months ago in August 2018
Post # 2
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I’m also 8/18/18! Getting married in Mexico. 

The wedding will be at 6:00 pm in a garden overlooking the beach, followed by the cocktail hour, and multi course  plated dinner reception on the terrace overlooking the ocean. The color scheme is blush, ivory, and gold. I’m wearing a Pronovias fit to flare gown and he’s wearing a beige Brooks Brothers suit. We have 2 cakes, one classic vanilla that is the cake we are cutting into, and then a decadent chocolate cake.

Post # 3
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Me! I was married on Saturday 18th August 2018 in Melbourne, Australia ๐Ÿ™‚ We format the date differently, so for us it looks like 18/8/18.

Our ceremony was at 3:30pm, and went straight in to a cocktail reception. We wanted to keep it pretty small and relaxed, so had 60 guests all who are our closest family and friends (and their partners haha).

The weather was up and down all day, we had torrential rain, hail, gale force wind, sunshine, thunder, more rain, more sunshine, constant wind haha… but we got the most beautiful rainbow while we were out having our photos done. Can’t wait to see those!

My dress was made for me by a dressmaker friend, I loved it so much! It twirled so great when I danced haha! I wore sparkly Keds x Kate Spade, as I don’t do heels. Got so many compliments on them! We didn’t have a colour scheme as such, as we didn’t have a bridal party. My flowers were native Australian flowers. I guess our theme was sort of rustic. I dunno, I just went with what I liked ๐Ÿ™‚ Our cake was caramel mudcake with vanilla buttercream, also made by a close friend. Husband wanted to wear a blue suit, and I loved it on him ๐Ÿ™‚

We had an awesome day!!!

Hope you bees did, also! ๐Ÿ™‚

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors