8 bridesmaids: Too much or okay?

posted 6 months ago in The Lounge
Post # 16
1602 posts
Bumble bee

And for the record, I think it was tacky of Anna to choose one person from your friend group and the rest family. It creates hurt feelings, as they have in this case.

Post # 17
819 posts
Busy bee

I had four and that’s too much!! Especially with the drama they’re caused me. Rather go with two.

Post # 18
1173 posts
Bumble bee

I would just have your sister and your FI’s sisters in the bridal party.  I do think it would look weird to have 8 on your side and 4 on his.

Post # 20
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Pearson Convention Centre

We had 6 bridesmaids and 6 ushers, 1 maid of honour and 1 bestman. We had 350 guests. All of our bridal party consisted of our siblings 

Post # 21
493 posts
Helper bee

yourhandinmine :  Your situation is not that weird. You have a bunch of friends – they come in “packages” – i.e. you can’t have one or two without having everyone who is an “equal level” friend to you without hurt feelings. You want to have your FI’s sisters but don’t want them to be your only BMs because you have close friendships that you want to honor. Some of your FI’s closest friends are dating your closest friends and he’ll have the BFs as groomsmen. Do I get it?

Look, have all your friends, including the girl who didn’t ask you because her party is all family. There’s no way she won’t feel like it was a personal exclusion if you ask 6 out of 7 of a “friend group”. Also, as a local friend, she’s probably more likely to be able to go run an errand with you or hang out and address envelpes or whatever. I wouldn’t alienate her, it wouldn’t be very kind.

You have to buy 8 bouquets and 8 gifts. Having 8 BMs is not weird nor ridiculous, and a lot of people get wrapped into huge bridal parties because of friend politics. Just accept it and move on

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors