8 carat eternity band… good or bad idea?

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
630 posts
Busy bee

That is a HUGE eternity band!

Mine is 1.5 carat total and feels plenty blingy when paired with my Engagement Ring and wedding band.

Also, I have a 1/2 and it does not bother me when it turns, and no I have not damaged them

Post # 3
1926 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

I would be worried that would look at little bulky and costumey. 2-3 cts is a lot of bling, but a little easier on the eyes.

Post # 4
7996 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

Check Picescope. Few people here will have that sort of thing to give realistic advice. My eternity is only 2.5 ctw. I am glad it is a full eternity, but it’s not even in the same league as .7 per stone. I haven’t the foggiest how that would feel or whether it would get in the way or not. I also cannot imagine a band that size playing well with others, so would you wear it with an engagement ring or wear it solo?

Post # 7
6169 posts
Bee Keeper

I have just over a 4ct eternity band and I wouldn’t want much larger. But in wear it with my engagement type ring. If you wear it alone that would be better. 

Post # 8
1315 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
lule0101 :  Do you  happen to have a pic? 

ETA: It’s gorgeous! If that’s the engagement ring, I’d pair it with thin gold wedding band. I love that look! 

Post # 14
630 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
lule0101 :  Ah that makes more sense! I still wouldn’t bother going the whole way round – 3/4 is plenty

Post # 15
7996 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

That is a stunning ring!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors