8 carat eternity band… good or bad idea?

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
1315 posts
Bumble bee

I agree with the 3/4 eternity. Since it’s so expensive definitely give yourself the opportunity to be able to resize it. If you don’t like the spinning maybe solder your rings? I’m not a fan of soldering personally but I don’t know any other option to counteract the spinning. 

Post # 17
984 posts
Busy bee

I have a 4ct eternity band but mine is a semi bezel setting. It’s super comfortable but I had the jeweler make it as low as possible. I haven’t had any issues with mine as far as damage. Maybe see if your jeweler can make your’s  as low as possible maybe that will be more comfortable for you. It’s a stunning ring!

Post # 18
8007 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
lule0101 :  It’s gorgeous. That said, I tried on a 4 or 5 ct EC eternity band and found it very uncomfortable–I imagine an 8 ct would be even more so. I instead opted for a stack of eternity bands so I can decide how much bling I’d like on any given day. 

I’d find some way to try something like this on before committing. I hope you’ll come back and show us your choice! 

Post # 19
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 1985

Beyond fabulous and amazing!  👍

Post # 20
1397 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Turkey

Will it even feel good on the finger, will you be able to close your fingers? I’m appealed at the thought of having to play with it because it may be uncomfortable.

Post # 21
1542 posts
Bumble bee

It doesn’t have the dimensions on your rendering.  I think anything that is over 3 mm deep starts getting really uncomfortable to me. I think something in the 4 carat area is about the max for comfort IMO. As other’s have mentioned, you need to post this over on pricescope as there are some ladies that have tried very large eternity bands.  I think there is even a few threads about them if you check in the search. 

Post # 22
10809 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
lule0101 :  

Great plan. A flat, not TOO dainty,  plain wedding band would look lovely with that ring.Though reading the comments from more knowledgeable bees makes me wonder if you could even get your fingers together with that huge ring lol. 

Post # 23
4451 posts
Honey bee

While it might look beautiful, this just sounds uncomfortable. Could you get a fake one made first with silver and CZ just to see if you could even tolerate such a chunky band?

Post # 24
1669 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Malibou Lake Mountain Club

View original reply
lule0101 :  i like it. i agree with the above post. maybe get a CZ one and see how it works out 🙂

Post # 25
753 posts
Busy bee

I have been looking at eternity band with similar carat weight. I felt a little awkward when I tried it on, but got used to it after a while. I’m still debating between emerald cut and oval!!!!

Post # 26
753 posts
Busy bee

I’m a size 4 too 🙂

Post # 27
3929 posts
Honey bee

I would do 3/4 with a euroshank. Full eternities cannot be resized easily or cheaply.

Post # 29
569 posts
Busy bee

Emerald eternity bands are gorgeous. lt will make quite a statement at that size.  Have you tried on anything that large?  I’d think it might be uncomfortable.  I’d go full eternity (perhaps smaller?) or 5 stone.

Post # 30
1005 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2019 - City, State

SO GORGEOUS!!!!

I tried on 2ct full eternity bands and it was VERY uncomfortable on me, so I got a 1ct 1/2 eternity and I love it. Not the same league, but IMO yes, that big would be very uncomfortable. Would it be possible to have the stones graduated down a little on the sides, or would that throw off the whole look? 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors