8 carat eternity band… good or bad idea?

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 31
Hostess
2639 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2005 - Shreveport, LA

I don’t have any advice just wanted to say it’s a stunning ring and I will live vicariously through you because I will never own one lol! Congratulations and please come post finger pics when you get it!

Post # 32
5999 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
mrssam :  It looks beautiful, but very, very awkward. I have to say that the thickness alone would drive me crazy. 8cts is too much of a good thing.

Post # 33
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
mrssam :  would you mind sharing where you tried these on? I’ve been shopping and haven’t been sble to find anything close to that size and I’m in love with that oval band!!!

Post # 34
4799 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
katebluestone :  I actually just had a conversation with my jeweler about this because I’m looking at a 3 ct emerald eternity band and mentioned that I might go with 3/4 because of wanting to be able to resize.  He said that now with the use of lasers, it’s not a problem to resize full eternity.  

So now I’m back to wanting a full eternity.  

OP, that ring is gorgeous.  I would definitely try to find a place to try it on though just to make sure that it’s comfortable for you.  

Post # 38
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2020

Gorgeous! As long as it sits low enough you should be fine. You just may have a gap between your ring and pinky finger when you put your fingers out straight. (kinda shown in my picture)  If that doesn’t bother you, go for it!

I have a 4 carat emerald eternity band (0.15 per stone, size 5.5) and it is plenty comfortable, but I don’t think I’d go any bigger because I plan to wear it with my enegagment ring and I don’t want to take away from the center stone

Post # 39
451 posts
Helper bee

I agree about getting a fake band to try it out. From the pictures a previous poster posted, the ring looks beautiful but looks pretty thick and uncomfortable 

Post # 40
839 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - Country/barn

View original reply
lule0101 :  gorgeous ring but I can’t imagine that could ever be comfortable to wear. 

Post # 41
120 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
lule0101 :  Have you ever worn a band of that size? It’s severely uncomfortable. The ring you posted is gorgeous but I can’t imagine getting used to it in terms of comfort level. I would just get a five stone or something like that.

Post # 42
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

I tried on a 7 stone with .5 stones.  They were prong-set RBs. Gorgeous ring -and I would have gotten it for a song! However, it was uncomfortable between my fingers and therefore unreasonable for my daily life. I’d go as far as a 3-4 tcw eternity band, but not more.  I have an eternity in white gold and a 3/4 eternity in platinum.  I prefer 3/4 (and platinum) as I can see small variations in the prongs on the wg that weren’t there before. I’m sure I’ll loose a stone or two from the eternity eventually.

Post # 43
950 posts
Busy bee

My wedding band is 1.00 ct channel and I really love it.

I was in the store today trying on one for my right hand and I tried 2, 3, and 5ct. The 5 was very stunning but very uncomfortable. I’m between a 2-3 ct. this is the 2ct prong that I liked. 

Post # 44
257 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
janedoe27 :  omg I really love that band on you!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors