(Closed) .8 Carats?

posted 10 years ago in Rings
Post # 17
744 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

just keep in mind that a setting can make a huge different on what your ring looks like.  Mine is .85 but people (more guys than girls) are always asking me what size it is because it looks bigger in the setting.  My ring size is 5.5

Post # 19
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

please please please try on rings!  You have no way of telling how they will look on your finger unless you’ve tried on tons.  You might be surprised… for example, I’d always wanted a princess cut diamond, but when my fiance proposed (he proposed without a ring so I could pick out my own… he wanted to make sure it was something I’d love) I was surprised to find that princess/emerald cuts made my fingers look boxy, yet round diamonds were perfect!

We bought both ering and wedding bands online after trying on many in the stores to be sure what we liked.

Post # 20
6391 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@akeimi: I totally agree. I actually always wanted a round or a pear, but they made my fingers look chubby, so we went with the princess cut :). It totally depends on your hands.

I also thought I would want a .5 carat, but I ended up thinking it looked too big on my hands, and we went with a .3 carat.

I always dropped by jewelry stores with my mom because Fiance hates shopping of any sort.

Post # 21
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Mine is a .75.  Here’s a picture of it with my weding band.  My ring size is whatever Kay Jewelers rings come in.  I think it’s like around 6.

Post # 22
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Anyone should surely try on rings to find stones to suit your hand size. Our first attempt to purchace my ring was online (I’m an online shopper, I hate the stores). Anyhow, I picked a beautiful ring .8 marq. cut.

then when we recieved it and I tried it on..the  stone looked like a speck on my hand! lol! “I have a size 10 finger.” With the size of my hands and fingers, in order for me to get a marq. cut I would have to get 2kt or higher.

I finally chose the Princess Cut 1 1/2 total kt. Catherdral Ring. LOVE IT! 

Post # 23
1653 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

This is a .81 on a size 6

Post # 24
662 posts
Busy bee

Just some friendly advice… if you go try on rings to get an idea on size and shapes, either go to the mall stores or allot enough time for it.

The mall store I went to with my friend was easy.  Quick, efficient, in and out in no time flat. 

When my SO had another question and I wanted to see a different cut I stopped in to Jared’s thinking that it would be the same but it was not.  The stand alone diamond stores seem to take you on a tour of the shop first.  Then he sat me down for an informative presentation.  Then he walked me around picking up pieces of what I said I liked and THEN we sat down and I got to try on the ring.  And to be honest the only things I went in there for were to double check my ring size and to see  if the cushion cut was my dream ring cut (it was, lol).  It took about a half an hour.

Post # 25
662 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@homegirl:  I have big hands too, lol.  My ring size is a 9 so when I went to the store to try on different diamond cuts I had to put them on my pinky finger instead.  I guess it’s more special like that anyway, as the next ring that will be on my ring finger will be my engagement ring!  🙂

Post # 26
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

.78 size 5.5:

Post # 28
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Here’s my .89 carat round. I think my finger is size 4.25.

Post # 29
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

.75 center stone on a size 6ish finger.

Post # 30
780 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

.90 Triple Ex cut; size 3.5 finger

Post # 30
127 posts
Blushing bee

.81 center stone on size 5.5…love my ring! 

The topic ‘.8 Carats?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors