8 Days Late and a Negative Test!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
2468 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

If you’re that late, I would assume athsma and antihistamine wouldn’t alter it enough to make it negative if you’re really pregnant. 

Post # 3
2215 posts
Buzzing bee

You must have ovulated late.  At 7 days late the test would be positive.  I have really regular cycles but every once in awhile would get the weird extra long cycle where I ovulated late.

Post # 5
2668 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Every woman will get random long cycles every now and then. If you really were 7 days late, you should definitely get a positive test if you were pregnant regardless of what time of day you tested (and I doubt the medications you took would affect it that much – if you were testing before your period was actually due sure, but not 7 days after). I agree with PPs that you most likely just ovulated later than usual so you’re not actually late yet, but definitely test again for your own peace of mind.

Post # 6
10490 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

Unless you’re tracking ovulation it’s probable that you ovulated later this cycle which would make you not actually 7 days late.

Take another test if AF still hasn’t arrived in a few days!

Post # 7
717 posts
Busy bee

I will just say, in all likelyhood your not pregnant BUT I tracked my cycles using temperature and KNOW when I ovulate and I didn’t get a positive test on one of my pregnancies until 17 DPO. So there is still a chance! Good luck!

Post # 8
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

About once a year I just miss a cycle (no AF one month), that could be happening to you. Otherwise my AF is a regular 31-33 days. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors