(Closed) "8" days late and neg preg test?

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
3755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Based on your positive OPKs ending on 3/11, you may have ovulated late, around 3/12, which would make you due for AF next week. I think you’re just having a long cycle after going of BC. The first cycle off of BC, the body goes through major hormonal adjustments and phantom pregnancy symptoms are common in the TWW. Whatever “normal” was for you on BC is not going to be anymore, you’ll find your new normal starts to set in over the next few cycles. I had the same thing happen to me, went off BC before and had “normal” cycles. Went off again and my cycles went crazy. I hope you get back to normal soon!

Post # 4
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Nothing! You just went off BC, that’s pretty par for the course. I wouldn’t consider you “late” by any means. If your last positive OPK was around the 12 (although 4 days of positives seem extreme. are you sure they were darker or as dark as the control line?), then you would only be tops 8DPO. So, AF would not show up until at least another 5-6 days. 

Hope that helps. 

Post # 5
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

This exact thing happened to me our first month TTC.  It’s very frustrating.  I don’t have an answer as to why but just wanted to let you know I can relate. Good luck!

Post # 7
Hostess
3571 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@jny1179:  haha. I think we wrote the same thing at the same time!

Post # 11
3755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@idaho1745:  Oh good, if the 8th had the darkest line hopefully your BD timing was good!

eta: So a darkest line on the 8th would mean O on 9th or even 10th, which would make AF due the end of the week/weekend. 

Post # 12
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@idaho1745:  Well that was January and I got my BFP in February so it’s all very confusing!

Post # 13
441 posts
Helper bee

It’s pretty normal for your cycles to be off for a few months after coming off BC. You could have ovulated late, which would delay your period; you could not ovulate at all, despite the positive OPKs, which would potentially delay your period; or you could be pregnant. Without charting, you don’t really know. You can’t base your natural cycles on what your cycle was like while on BC. I hope you get a BFP this cycle, but if not, I hope your cycles regulate quickly.

Post # 14
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Mrs.LemonDrop:  I agree. OP, wait until next week and test again if AF hasn’t arrived.

The topic ‘"8" days late and neg preg test?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors