(Closed) 8 days out and the venue called…

posted 6 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
2522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I would lose my shit.  You are amazing for not doing so. 

Post # 4
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

Keep breathing…all will work out!!  By The Way, I would definitely use this to your advantage.  Demand a discount for the inconvenience and late notice!!  Good luck, dear!!

Post # 5
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

why is it unusable?? i dont understand why because on person was fired–aslo why they didnt tell u in NOVEMBER… u cant have the rooms u ( i assumeing paid for or put deposit towards)

Post # 6
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

New Ballroom??  Did they renovate your venue over the winter?

Post # 7
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Omg shut the f*** up. I don’t know how you’re handling this. I’m so sorry!!!

Post # 8
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

You can deal with it!  Although how annoying that this happened in November and they’re telling you now?!

Post # 9
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@MrsElopement:  This was pretty much my exact reaction!  I would 100% demand a refund bc the wedding you paid for you’re not getting!

Post # 10
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012 - the Columns Hotel

Oh my g-d!  I would lose my shit!   Make sure and demand an explanation… And a discount.  That is insane!   Good luck- keep us posted!

Post # 12
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Gah. Seriously, I am amazed by your patience, I’d be freaking out too much to type. I am glad you at least have the option of the larger ballroom, though, even if it does mean rearranging stuff.

For tables, assuming they are 60 inch rounds, 8 per table would be very comfortable, while 10 is actually a little squishy, so I would totally just put 8 on a table, although that would require having more centerpieces. Plus having more tables will make the room feel more filled up. I know it will be a pain in the rear to redo your seating plans now, but…

Post # 14
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

As them to set up panels to divide the room 1/3 and 2/3.  Give the kids the 1/3 side (way more space than they likely need, but they can run around in there).  Use larger tables with 8, as suggested.  Add some extra tables to fill up space: card & gift table, guestbook table, memory table (your & fi’s family wedding photos, shots of you, if you have an electronic photo thingie, a slideshow of the two of you on it), anything else you can thing to add.

Request a discount, considering the extreme lateness that this was brought to your attention + it was not as agreed upon (or desired).  Explain not only does this cost you significant time and stress, but you need to cough up extra table centerpieces.  If they won’t give a discount, insist on an addition: free app, late night snack, toast….

Post # 15
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I agree this may work to your advantage…they should be able to set up a divider so you can still have your kids section and with less people per table it will be real nice for your guests to have extra elbow space! I’m sure you will be fine atleast this is happening now and not the day of! Did you find a new coordinator for atleast the day of??

Post # 16
4193 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

You can definitely seat 8 at at 10-top- our event manager recommended that for us, as it gives people more room at the table.

I also agree with kay01- they might not give a discount (they could call it an “upgrade,”), but some concessions should be granted- extra hour’s a good start.

Could they hold off on painting for a week? Do they have any sort of screens they could bring into the space?

“Stay calm and plan on!” 🙂 

The topic ‘8 days out and the venue called…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors