(Closed) 8 days till my wedding and I hate my dress

posted 4 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
180 posts
Blushing bee

I must not be understanding.  You’re upset…because your boobs are covered?  Or because you think the lace doesn’t match (let me tell you now – it does)?

Two things to keep in mind:  1 – you felt good about how the dress looked in the mirror, and that’s most likely how it will look to you, your husband, and your guests on your wedding day; 2 – none of your pictures are going to be taken from these angles!  These angles are straight-on, nothing but dress, and you are standing a bit awkwardly with your arms away from yourself.  When you’re moving naturally in the dress, it will probably look more natural.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a beautiful dress and that it looks beautiful on you.  

Post # 3
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

The cups look like they are well supported and the lace looks fine to me. You’re still showing a lot of chest even with peekaboo lace on your skin. The cups look well made and not flimsy. i would kill to look that great in a dress. trust me, youll look beautiful on your day. The dress is perfect on your figure. I think moving the lace would make it more revealing in a bad way. As it is it’s very sexy and very bridal. Relax! You look like a beauty queen!

Post # 4
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Don’t forget the lighting! the lighting in that room is not good. It look like there is a spotlight highting the top of your boobs and making that lace look a different color. At your wedding, the light will be much more natural, plus your photographer knows what to do to make that dress shine. I feel like its vary rare that peopl take good photos of their dress on their phones, but they look incredible on the actual day.

Trust your eyes! If it looks great in person, it will look great on your day!

Post # 5
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I think you may just be panicking, I think it looks fine I don’t know what you mean about the lace! You look great in the dress!

Post # 6
968 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ktsteimel:  your dress looks absolutely banging on you! Pre wedding nerves I think. I had a look at photos you’ve posted previously of your dress and it looks the same (if not better) to me bee:

I think lighting makes a huge difference too – looks like you had an overhead light over you?

Post # 7
908 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

The dress looks beautiful on you.

I think its just the lighting making the straps & the top part of the bust look lighter unless you had something added to the dress I dont know why it would be two different colors. 

Post # 8
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Hey do you remember the part in Shallow Hale where Jack Black responds to Gwyneth Paltrows statement about being over weight by placing his hands over his eyes and  saying “coocoo coocoo” Yeah well that’s me right now.

There is NOTHING wrong with the dress. You are just having abit of bride crazy moment before the wedding. It might just be the stress of wanting everything perfect.

You look amazing. 

Post # 9
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Here i found it 

Post # 11
3610 posts
Sugar bee

I think the problem is that the cups your seamstress put in are way too big and aggressive. Have her swap those out for thinner, smaller, subtler ones and lower the straps a bit from the back (she should have left an allowance if she shortened them) and that might help.

Post # 12
71 posts
Worker bee

Yes I agree, it’s a gorgeous dress and it looks amazing on you! I’m guessing they moved the lace up so that it looks like it fits you better. Seeing the pictures that iamali posted, the dress definitely looks better to me with the lace moved up. Your chest is still very much on display (in a tasteful way!), but it looks like the top fits you better and is more supportive.

As for the difference in color, I agree that it’s probably the lighting. It looks to me like the lace does match the other lace.

All in all, I would say that you have nothing at all to worry about!

Post # 13
1547 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
FantasticFawn:  I agree, the cups look very out of place. Not that I think the dress doesn’t look good with cups, I just feel like these cups are just screaming in a very awkward way. They look like a cheap bra from one of those lingerie sites that csell bras in small/med/large.

Post # 14
493 posts
Helper bee

I personally think the dress looks amazing on you and even better than the previous photo. It’s typically wedding jitters and we are our own harshest critics. I would be so proud to rock a dress with your fabulous figure and gorgeous gown you have chosen. 🙂 Enjoy your day, it is perfect!

Post # 15
Hostess
9087 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

View original reply
ktsteimel:  I really only think one thing when I look at that photo and that one thing is STUNNING.

I think maybe you are just freaking out as your wedding is so close now! Deep breaths. You look incredible.

The topic ‘8 days till my wedding and I hate my dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors