(Closed) 8 days till my wedding and I hate my dress

posted 4 years ago in Emotional
Post # 16
5025 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

I do think the cups look a bit large on your dress.  I think this is why you are comparing yourself to Madonna’s cones.

Post # 17
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

That dress is absolutely stunning! I think it just needs to be taken in on the sides a bit, to “flatten” your cones. I wish I could pull off a dress like that!

Post # 18
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Aye.

And now it makes sense why my bridal salon told me DO NOT take photos on my iPhone of me in my gown.  Because the lighting will be off, and it’s not going to look the same with my phone versus a professional photographer and I’ll get dress regret.  It’s happened thousands of times.

YOU LOOK AMAZING!  Delete the photo and stop stressing!  You’re going to look even more stunning on your wedding day.

Post # 19
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

You look stunning! Especially compared to the other picture. I barely notice the lace being lower since everything else about the dress on you looks perfect. 

Post # 20
8 posts
Newbee

I feel like you could probably wear a sample dress off the rack. It’s not too late to choose and buy a new dress.  It’s prom dress season, so department stores might even have something nice enough.

I think that dress fits you perfectly and looks very nice. Yes, the cups do look a bit awkward, so try to find some more natual looking pictures of a similar dress, see if the seamstress can replicate that, or try a new seamstress. I feel with alterations, you could make this dress work.  You deserve to feel your best on your wedding day, in any lighting.

Post # 21
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I think you’re just incredibly boobalicious, but honestly you look amazing in it.

Post # 22
1689 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

I think it’s beautiful! I can see the pointy youre talking about and hopefully removing the lace will look better. 

Post # 23
2057 posts
Buzzing bee

You look like Barbie!!!

Post # 24
742 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Stop it! It looks BEAUTIFUL. 

Post # 25
836 posts
Busy bee

any way to take the cups out?

Post # 26
2772 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

You have to do whaf you need to be happy. It’s not horrible, but I can see what you’re talking about. I had to make the picture larger in order to see it though. It’s your dress, your wedding day, & your happiness… so make ‘you’ happy!

Post # 27
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I think it looks beautiful!

Post # 28
1866 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Not sure if this will solve your problem, but it might be worth trying.  I wore a Nubra under my dress that I got from Macy’s.  I think it was about $30.  It is a strapless push-up bra that sticks to your boobs with adhesive and fastens in the front.  It stayed on through lots of sweat and dancing.  (And saved me from a wardrobe malfunction during a very aggressive dip during my first dance!)  It would probably change how your chest looks in the dress, with the added benefit of being able to adjust your cleavage however you want.  Just another option of something you can try if you arent happy with how your chest looks.  You really look wonderful in your dress though!

Post # 29
340 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Waldorf Astoria, Orlando

ktsteimel:  I think that the added appearance of lace is because you have ample breasts, and the model shown by PPs does not have full breasts.

I think you look stunning.

Post # 30
153 posts
Blushing bee

Dress looks gorgeous on you!!! you have an amazing body!!!!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  dj77. Reason: typo!

The topic ‘8 days till my wedding and I hate my dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors