(Closed) 8-hour diet… any thoughts of that?

posted 4 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
Hostess
2557 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Did it take a long time to get used to?  I find that I need to eat every 3-4 hours (small meals), but I’ve also been doing that for quite some time.  This is an interesting spin on dieting and I’d be curious to get some feedback on it (from others, too!).  🙂

Post # 5
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

The only thing I fear with that is slowing down your metabolism.  If you only eat for a few hours of the day the other times may make your metabolism slow down.  Also, I personally can eat a ton of calories in 8 hours even if it is “clean.”

Post # 6
825 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@BeeRod527:  I am doing this! I drink two glasses of water in the AM when I get up, a late breakfast/lunch around 11am, a small snack like an apple and some cheese around 3:00, and then dinner between 6-7:00pm and I’m done. Lots of water during this time and around it. So far I really like it and I already look slimmer. 

Post # 7
Hostess
11177 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@Itsallcomingtogether:  I agree.

What does that do to your metabolism? Fasting for 16 hours I would think would put you into starvation mode meaning any calories you consume are held onto by your body as it is protecting itself.

I eat several smaller meals a day with my biggest meal post work out. I find that this keeps my metabolisum going all day and I am never hungry.

The topic ‘8-hour diet… any thoughts of that?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors