(Closed) 8 hours enough?

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

We only had a 10 hour rental for our reception venue, and we only used 8 hours of it.  People left earlier than we expected, but it’s totally doable if 1) you don’t have a lot of decorations to set up or 2) you can get someone to do the set-up for you.  Does the venue have a coordinator?  If so, he/she can probably oversee all the set-up or even do it alone.  If not, would some of your family members or bridal party members chip in to help?  My husband, our dads, and some friends set up our whole venue in about 1.5 hours, so they still had plenty of time to dress/get ready.

Post # 4
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We only had 6 1/2 hours. Another hour would’ve been perfect, so yes, 8 is great. Does that include clean-up time too?

Post # 5
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

i think it depends on your decorations and such. i’m doing a test run of things, at my own house. to see how long each centerpiece takes, there’s no way i can put them together then take them there. i have people helping me set up too….i only have 2 hours of decorating time, but somewhere in that time i have to get ready too!

Post # 7
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I think 8 hours sounds like plenty of time.  Your post actually makes me wonder how much time we get…  we are having both our ceremony and reception at the same location.

The topic ‘8 hours enough?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors